General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Thomson do adult only hotels but you have to be careful as, some of their hotels, although they don't take bookings for children other T/O's and the hotels themselves may do.

I know Thomson have their own hotels such as the Levante and the Levante Park Hotels in Cala Bona Majorca and neither of those 2 hotels allow children.
Thanks. I know all about Thomson gold and have been on many of their holidays, just wondering about other locations that are that bit harder to find when it comes to "child free" holidays.
moved to General holiday enquiries and thread title altered.
You have your thread Rach :D
Great idea for a thread! We've stayed at the Levante and would recommend it, although the majority of the others guests appeared to be retired so not a place to go to for a wild holiday. Suited us though!

A lot of the hotels in Varadero in Cuba have age restrictions - we stayed at the Superclubs Breezes where the min age was either 14 or 16 (can't remember exactly).

In general, we have found that the more expensive hotels have less children due to the costs involved. It's also worth avoiding the most popular holiday resorts in an area of trying a lake or mountain holiday. We stayed on Lake Garda in Sept and only saw a few children in the hotel all week.

Anyone else got any good suggestions?
I always try to avoid a hotel with a childrens club because they usually have few or no children.
Thanks for the great responses keep the recommendations coming. So far i have stayed at the following adult only hotels:

Tasia Maris - Nissi Beach (Cyprus - Thomson Gold)
Coronas Playa Hotel - Costa Teguise (Lanzarote - Thomson Gold)
Los Gigantes Hotel - Los Gigantes (Tenerife - Thomson Gold)
Iberostar Royal Kenz - Port El Kantaoui (Tunisia)
Kouzalis Beach Hotel - Protaras (Cyprus)

For any information regarding the above hotels please do not hesitate to contact me or if you have any information about the Ascos Coral Beach Hotel in Coral Bay (Cyprus - Adult only) i would be pleased if you could let me know.

Thanks
When I stayed at the Ascos in December2004 there were 2 children in the hotel and they were in the next room to us.they cried on an afternoon when we were trying to have a nap,and they woke up at 6am every morning crying!.Although it is avertised as an adult only I think that only applies to April-October.
In general I agree with Corrine76, I think the more you pay the less kids. Although you can't always guarantee none and also to stay away from the more poplular very touristy destinations.

We stayed in a 5* hotel on Gozo and our kids were the only 2 there. It was a lovely hotel and great island and we will probably go back on our own some day. But just too boring for kids who had a much better time during the second week in more lively Malta.

Just a suggestion, but we went with a company called Cadogen (spelling?) they might be a good people to book through if you want mainly adults.
I have stayed at the Pioneer Beach and the Athena Royal in Paphos, both adults only.

Can thoroughly recommend both.

Kath HT Admin
Thanks for all your recommendations, keep posting them in!
There is a wonderfull hotel in paphos, it used to be the amalthia beach but changed its name a few years ago to atlantica golden beach???

Be prepared to put on weight tho as the food is fantastic!!!!!!
i have a feeling the atlantica golden beach is part of the thomson gold range. lks really nice and has good reviews. My favourite thomson gold hotel by far is the one in Los Gigantes in Tenerife. Definately recommend it.
It not the children I worry about on holiday its the obnoxious teenagers who spoil my holiday.
Im intrested in finding out more about the Marina Panorama Hotel in Ibiza (thomson gold) have read some reviews already.
First Choice also do an "Adults" brochure although not every hotel featured in the brochure is Adults only. Each hotel in the brochure has its own description so you have to read that to ensure that no children are allowed.

When I used to work for FC some customers used to think the the "Adults" brochure was for... lets say, lively holidays, if you know what I mean!! :shock:
Thomson have a great offer on their "Gold" hotel in the Algarve at the moment. It's the Falesia hotel and is an amazing £13 per room per night H/B. No kids with Thomson, but maybe with others.
This seems available for Jan/Feb.

Robby :wink:
That hotel in the Algarve is meant to be really nice, haven't been myself though. Sounds like a very good deal!
It's an excellent deal Rach. I'm off in three weeks time to CPO for a week and have booked my last night there just to see what it's like - too good to miss :lol:

Robby :wink:
Has anyone got any other adult only hotels that they would recommend?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.