Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi
I had a problem with OLA Holidays
I booked with them but they did not send me confirmation as promised.
Their customer service line is a joke.
I reported them to Teletext and within 12 hours Ola phoned me to apologise and sent all confirmations immediately.
I sugest you report them to Teletext who are very efficient.
I haven't been on this holiday yet and I have fingers crossed that Ola have booked everything as described.

Good Luck
like many ive booked with ola we booked for 9 people all incl when i got the confomation through i noticed the dates were wrong ie coming back on the 12 not the 13th so contacted the booking person well got it sorted but took weeks then wanted to add 2 more people to the booking so did this same hotel same flights well guess what ......... they messed that up to ( same rep ) im still waiting for them to change the flights as other people flying out 6 hours before us .... id never use this company again and would advise others not to they will not contact you or get back to you and admin is a joke id like to know the contact number for teletext if anyone has it as this has been going on for over a month now :cry what was meant to be a great hol is a nightmare thanks to these clowns
Hi
you have to email teletext

Point out that you booked via their site and give the details in your email. They forwarded mine to OLA so you need to include contact details.

compliance@teletext.co.uk

I found their response excellent - hope you have success.
Hi shymanuk

Just noticed phone No. on teletext email

Senior Compliance Officer
0208 323 5260
0208 323 5272
thank you for your help will keep you posted on progress
hi everyone

i have had the same problems i booked a package holiday all went well TOOK MY MONEY QUICK ENUFF then 1 week later get phone call telling me they have over booked so i looked and the other hotel they offered me which wasnt what i wanted my holiday i booked was in jupiter hotel with 8 pools then they put me in 1 with 1 little pool i didnt like this so i phoned up saying i wasnt happy they said well we have offered u a like for like hotel (which it was no wear near it was
£260 cheaper) and they said if you dnt like it go to abta so i went to abta but no response so farr how ever in the mean time i thought right they have covered them selfs soo what ever i do or say does not matter as they go by abta rules like for like. i then phoned them on a recorded call asking to book this holiday as someone else on the same date and same time they said yes its avalible well funny how they told me its over booked but they was still willing to take my money and still take bookings for it i then phoned her and said if i do have to go to that hotel then i want the differnce back which was 260 pounds she then put me on hold then told me no we cannot do that i said i dnt want money back from flights i just want it from my hotel still wouldnt do that so i them told her i had recorded all the calls she stuttered and put me on hold she then said atually there is a message here saying we are trying out best to get u in the jupiter hotel we will phone u back within the hour the hour comes no reply so i phone them back and i was then told she was in a meeting i said ok i phone back soo i phoned back adn then she said yep we booked u all in i peronaly spoke to the manager i leave it couple of days then i dnt get no conformation so i phone back and no awnser i then email and get response she said i re send it i recive it and it ends up being for the hotel i didint want so i emailed back and guess what no reply soo i have onli 2 weeks till i go and going somwaer wear i dnont want to go i am 19 and my girlfriend is coming with me we are both young and going throw this im going to try teletext holiday
well the teletext email gotthem moving ........ well its a start, ok they contacted me via phone within 12 hours so good me thought , well no! gotthe problems sorted and thought green light at last ...... asked for the docs to be sent through again ....... and the flights were correct but they still show as todeparture ! and the transfers werre still at the wrong time, so phoned today and they said no probs we will email new ones ......... well they shouldnt have bothered as sent the same as before!!!!!!!!! so we will see what tomorrow brings will keep you all posted but ill never use these again thats one thing im sure of :yikes
yea i know its soo bad u pay ur money you just want to go and have fun i recoreded them still taking bookings so i have got loads of stuff to back me up here i havent been rude to them i have spoken to them nicely they sent me a new conformation after telling me they sorted it but it was still for wrong hotel and now they wont speek to me
I am extremely annoyed with this company.
I am 110% behind every last comment before this comment and will be testiment to other users of this dreadful awful pitiful excuse for a holiday tour operator.

To cut a story short. I enquired on the 9th about a hotel+holiday all inclusive at £256.
I asked about it, it was available. I asked about the flight times. 13th-20th September.
Prestwick(UK) - Girona(Spain)

I said thanks, I will think it over and possibly book it tomorrow.

Next day I phone up. Asking similar questions and queried about other possible dats we could possibly get on the way back. To give us an extra day which we both have on the 21st of September. The girl told me these flight times and the price jumped to £360 pp instead of £256! I looked at my partner and shook my head. Then told her "no, I will go with the one I mentioned earlier which I had Quoted with a reference number"

So i give her my details it was all very rushed, then I gave her the card details and she said I will call back in 10 mins.

<staff name removed> was the girls name. So I asked her what the final price was for both of us. Since it was £256 + £22(bus return from airport) for each of us. She said no I booked you the one at £360 to which I was outraged and argued against it. She said I can't cancel it even though it had barely went through the system and Ryan Air won't help.

All because of her incompetence!

Now I have had to phone 2-3 times a day getting alot of rubbish about managers being in meetings and no one is in charge that can help, or it is being investigated still.

To add to that. <staff name removed> also made another huge error and cost us an extra £40 over baggage for some reason? So we got that refunded without even knowing we had been charge!!! If she hadn't booked the wrong flights would I have even been refunded that...? So now I am fighting 5 days on to get our names off this flight back on the one which today is still offered on thier website amazingly!!!! at the same price near enough. So we got lied to about how it wasn't available.

This is getting on my nerves and I am going to take this to the very top and I want an apology which I haven't got so far even for the refund.

Never.....Never....Ever use Ola Holidays

You will be left very very disappointed and you will be out of pocket for an extra charge or wrong doing you never even made.

Don't book with this operator tell everyone you know.
  • Edited by MarkJ 2009-08-13 15:09:35
    To remove name of staff
hi there do u have an email i can contact you with i know how toy can sort this very easily
smallpaul

To prevent any of your posts being deleted, please do not post in phone style text as per our Rules of Posting.

Rules Of Posting:

2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

luci :wave
hi there do u have an email i can contact you with

HT is an open forum. If you have relevant information then why not just post it.

As a new member you do not yet have PM facilities but Admin may be contacted on holidaytruthadmin@googlemail.com
if you wish to contact them with the information before posting. They can then ensure it complies with the Terms and Conditions.

fwh
Hi smallpaul, thanks for your responce. Much quicker than a tour operators that I know of.

**Email removed as per t&c of the site **
I have to agree that information really should be shared on the forum not in private.

Sarah
Hi there, I have just come accross "Hidden Truths " as I was about to look at the Ola Holiday web site. I find it difficult to believe the poor publicity this company is getting, surely they cannot be so blazay as to ignore what is happenning to their reputation.
Let me say at the outset that this report is totally independent and relates to my one and only expertience with Ola Holidays. I booked an AI holiday in early June for departure at the end of June from Cardiff to Mallorca for myself, wife and two 12 year old grandchildren. I went through Teletext Holidays which eventually guided to telephoning a number for the holiday company. The booking was done in the evening and I got through to a lady named ****who was working from home for Ola Holidays, now she took care of everthing the hotel booking, flights with no frills carrier BMI and resort transfers with Resort Hoppa, everything went ok all invoicing was printed off the computer for all three segments of the holiday **** even got the initial of my grandson changed with the BMI as it had been spelt incorrectly. Ok I was a bit concerned because I had never booked an holiday this way before as I had always booked with mainstream travel companies but I'm affraid finanancial constraints meant they had become far to expensive in the present financial climate.
Well everything went ok all parts of the holiday linked up well the sun even shone solid for seven days, the ony hiccup being with Resort Hoppa with the notification of our collection time from the hotel but that was eventually sorted.
That is my experience was I just a lucky one, though I have to say all these complaints are making me a little weary about chancing my arm again.

**Edit to remove personal names - Admin **
valleypieman
One thing to think about is that generally people are far more likely to take the trouble to complain about something than to praise it.

Ok, on this thread there have been 5 people all reporting problems with OLA holidays.
But how many satisfied people have booked and enjoyed a trouble-free holiday with OLA?

On here, you'll see complaints about First Choice, Thomas Cook, Thomson, BA etc - mostly valid complaints - but there are thousands of holidaymakers who haven't had problems (me included) and who just come home from holiday and get back to 'normal' life again.

I can't advice you either way whether to use OLA holidays again as I've never booked with them - that's your call.
well in the end we got there had a great time, even though the resort hoppers times were wrong, but they sorted there and then, in all the hol was fine happy at hotel etc only down side was the worry before we went with the mistakes that were made by ola, if only a little more time was spent getting details correct instead of trying to get to the next booking to get their percentage /bonus and there wouldnt be half as many complaints for this company............. ola take note without happy customers you dont have a future, they will simply go else where , :duh
Hi
I have posted on here before regarding OLA Holidays and in particular regarding their lack of customer service and the lack of confirmation.
I have now had the holiday and the hotel booking turned out fine.
However, the worry before hand simply is not worth it especially when all that was probably required was a comforting response from their customer services department.(They do not seem to answer the phone)
I would suggest to anyone booking with secondary type companies to first phone their customer service line and see if there is a response before actually booking with them.
Im after anyone who can help me.

ive read the bad reviews on OLA holidays and im after some advice.

we booked a holiday for me my wife and 2, 3year old boys to majorca via said company.
when we recieved confirmation i had my boss read over all the documentation as this was our first holiday bookink it our selves and wanted everything to run smoothly. the first thing he told me was to check all luggage including the 2 prams we were taking was booked and available to be taken with us. as my wife booked it she phoned back OLA to confirm all baggage rights and pram rights and was told it was all included ahere they then told her the weights and how many bags we could take and so on.

Upon arriving at the airport we were flying with ryan air we were told taht we had no baggage booked in to where we asked her to check her system as we explained exactly what ola holidays had told us. unfortunatly we were sent away to the ryan air desk to be told i had to pay £120 for our luggage as we had no choice we paid it. when we returned off holiday we phoned ola to complain and was told we had to do it by e-mail and was given a e-mail address. to then recieve a reply from them saying you must do this by writing. so we did that and low and behold we had the phone call at 19:00 last night saying they were not going to refund us and they would offer a discount. to say this women was rude is putting it nicely. firstly she blamed her member of staff for getting it wrong then she blamed ryan air for getting it wrong then blamed the wife for not checking her paper work even though we did and hence why we phoned them to confirm all luggage requirments. firstly she refused to send us a letter or e-mail to confirm this and when we said we wasnt happy and we would like to talk to a manager we were told she was as good as we were gonna get and that she retracted the offer of discount on our next holiday there and then. this conversation went on for about 25 minutes before i asked the wife to end the conversation as it was getting petty about who said what and so on. please can anyone give me some advice. I will not lie £120 is an awfull lot of money for me and my family i am so dissapointed in these peolple because apart from that the holiday itself was stunning.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.