Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
well so long as you don;t pay the full amount you should be ok with them.pay the rest when you get there.but check the car before you drive ok.for marks ect.company should come out with you to check it over.
Thanx for that, will definately check the car over!!

Kathy
Reserved two small cars for two weeks in July via the Suncar website yesterday and then got two "Sorry the car you reserved isn't avilable" e-mails today. Each e-mail came complete with an offer of a replacement reservation (click the link to reserve). Although the cars were similar in spec., the price had risen from £358 each to £434 each with no explanation.

No reason to suspect the cars they provide are dodgy, but this struck me as sharp practice so I cancelled.

Currently awaiting credit card refund!

JJ
Cheers for that JJ don't think I'll book with them now!!!

Best to know what your dealing with before you lay out the big bucks eh!!

Kathy
I booked a car with suncar a few days prior to a holiday in Poland last week. It was a very competitive price coming in at almost a 3rd cheaper than other offerings. I figured at worst the car would not be to the standard of Europcar, Hertz, Avis, Budget etc. Also the car hire company (suncar operates with partners, local third parties to provide the cars) did not have premises at the airport so we would be met by a rep on our arrival.

With that in mind the car was fine. What was not was being driven to the rep's office far from the airport, alternative methods of transport and other car hire offices and then being overcharged on a mis-communication over if taxes were included in the final price quoted by suncar.

I felt incredibly cheated and intimidated in the situation, called suncar customer services but they were unable to help and I had no choice but to accept being cheated. It felt deliberate.

Suncar has written to me on the back of the call I made to their customer services and I've detailed the issue to them in the hope they will reimburse the overcharged amount. I've advised them that I've made comments here and will update them as things progress.
Do not use Suncar! Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

I made a booking two full weeks in advance (In order to make the booking I had the unfortunate experience of having to speak to one of your customer service operators, who did not hide his displeasure at having to speak to me)... I then received an email 4 days before I was due to pick up the car, informing me that 'we are unable to process your request.' Why Suncar needed to wait an entire week to tell me this is beyond me?? I tried to call Suncar FOUR times to re-book, but every time it rang out. My holiday now has to be cancelled, as it is too late to book through another company.

I have lodged a formal complaint against Suncar and urge anyone who has had a similar experience to do the same!!!
I am adding to this-got charged an extra delivery carge-what was not mentioned by Suncar-so though they appear cheap-it isnt so and they havent responded to my email and today when I phoned, the attidtude is take it up with the company.
As I had done that already and forwarded the response into my email to Suncar, I rang back- no answer, so I used my mobile-and guess what! they answered-but my mobile cut out- so tried again and no answer. So if you do call, withhold your number if you can-silly me doesnt know hw to-but wont use them again
I would not use Suncar again. I booked a vehicle back in February to be picked up in Spain for a long weekend in June. I was told to pick the vehicle up from a Spanish company but when I got there they would not let me have the vehicle as Suncar had not paid them but Suncar had taken my money. I am 3 months on and still waiting for a refund that Suncar insist they are sorting out and will refund me asap! They did not question my request for a refund but I am starting to wonder whether I will ever get my money back.
WOW!!!! I'm soooo glad we never hired with them!! Didn't even hire a car this year used the local buses which were like luxury coaches and quite cheap...... I definately won't be using Suncar in my lifetime.

Thanx everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can anyone give me advise. We went through suncar to hire a car in Cyprus for the end of Sept. We paid suncar in full in June. My sister in law rang the car hire firm in Cyprus two weeks ago to see if her daughter who lives out there could collect the car for us and bring it to the airport. The car hire firm said that they had confirmation from suncar that we were to hire a car, but payment was due on collection. The car hire firm was told that suncar was paid in full and that we had a booking voucher number. We then contacted suncar and was told that they had changed their policy and payment had to be made on collection of a car. They said that they had oddly enough e mailed us to tell us the night before our query, and that our money was put back into the bank account. Of course when checked there was no e mail and no money returned.Now i have found out that we had to complain to a firm called decode which we have done, and was told that we could only have our money back if we cancelled. We then had to cancell then was told it will take up to 30 days for our money.I have complained strongly that through no fault of ours the payment was not paid to the car hire firm in Cyprus.If we had not checked with the Cyprus car hire firm we would have had a shock when we got to Cyprus. Suncar have got back in touch and said that the car was cancelled as it was not available and we should have booked earlier, but we know that is not true because we are in touch with the car firm in Cyprus the car is still there for us. In effect they have commited fraud and we are still trying to fight for our money back.I am taking two pentioners with me both are not in good health, but my mother in law want's to go to see her grandaughter and this is just adding more stress to her.People beware if you book with suncar don't pay them in full as i have since found out they have done this to others.Any more advice from anyone would be welcomed.
According to their website they take your money and issue a voucher. Your post would seem to say otherwise. Not a very satisfactory situation I agree. No doubt some of our members will be able to point you in the direction of a more reliable company. If you paid by credit card then I would contact your supplier and advise them.

fwh
If anyone is thinking of using Sun Car for their carhire I would warn them not to.

When I made my booking I was surprised that I had to pay the full amount up-front, as, in my experience this is not usually the case. Six days before the hire period was due to start I had cause to cancel my booking. The website states that cancellations more than 24 hours before commencement will receive a full refund. Their terms & conditions state that this will happen within 30 working days. Their website says that they are a 24/7 company. I cancelled on 21 July and it is now 3 September. I am still waiting for my money. You do the maths. We are talking about more than £500. Some of my emails to them are ignored. Not one email to their complaints department has been responded to (not even an acknowledgement). When I get a reply all I get are excuses and promises that are not kept.

I have submitted a "customer testimonial" to their website but I bet they don't use it.

I repeat do NOT use SUN CAR.CO.UK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not say how you paid but if by Credit Card I will repeat my advice to the previous poster. contact your supplier and advise them of the circumstances. they will then put the amount paid/owed into dispute.

fwh
Booked with suncar in June for a car in July. Arrived in Athens airport - no car, several phone calls later advised there would be no car for us. Tried to post a testimonial but never posted!!! Received an email from customer services stating we would get our deposit back, tried calling repeatedly no reply and no refund - never go neat Suncar for a vehicle :(
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2010-09-09 19:28:57
    To remove staff name
I am still waiting for refund, they now do not answer my phone calls or reply to emails. It makes me mad that these companies get away with it although they are still trading. I am going to try for compensation via my credit card and will consider making a complaint but not sure where to go. I am presuming something from Trading Standards. I also posted a testimonial on their website but they have not published it!
I refer to my earlier post.
I rang my local trading standards and was put in touch with Consumer Direct. They seemed aware of them, and gave me advice about how to proceed, but they still continue to trade. I have now sent off a claim to my credit card company.
Thanks for all the comments. I have now applied for compensation from my credit card company and will also be contacting trading standards. Companies like suncar should not be allowed to trade!
DO NOT USE SUNCAR.CO.UK..... ITS A SCAM !
As per all the other reviews booked weeks hire Alicante 14.07.10 paid in full on Card, received voucher,arrived late at night,Car hire co have voucher
from Suncar saying pay on arrival ! , paid twice , figure to sort out on return to England ,complain , promised refund , blah , blah, blah.... Money LOST... !! Moral..... "DO NOT USE SUNCAR.CO.UK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES"........ check reviews before you book anything over the net and part with your money ........ Complaining to Credit Card Co and Trading Standards to try and get these guys banned so they can't con others , but guess my money lost
P.s. SUNCARS Credit card payment shows up on your statement as DECODE CAR HIRE, Riga, Latvia..... Check reviews on DECODE CAR HIRE its like a carbon copy of SUNCAR ... DON'T USE EITHER OF THESE COMPANIES YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY !
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2010-09-15 15:00:25
    Edit to remove libelous comment
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.