Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi jamier86 ... the Benimar Apts are on Avda Emilio Ortuno, perhaps closer to the Old Town than to The Square. We have lots of reviews ... please click here.

David :wave
my daughter and her boyfriend are going to these apt for a week in june first holiday abroad without mum n dad
does anyone know if they are near the square ,
where is the best places to eat and drink (cheapish there on a budget )
and what should they look out for( they are both sensible )
thanks any info appreciated
Hi Brownetts, I have stayed at these apartments twice. They are about a 15-20 minute walk to the square on a road called Emilio Ortuno, as they come out of the apartments they will turn right to the old town and left to the new. As you have mentioned that they are on a tight budget
I would recommend that they shop for provisions just up the road at the Mercadona which is cheap and has a great range of products.
There are a couple bars just down the road near the Princessa Hotel which are cheap as well as a nice pastry shop and a restaurant called The Witches Brew which is quite reasonable. If they go in to town they will see all sorts of offers tell them just to look out for happy hours e.t.c.
The apartments have a washing machine as well as a huge airer and the kitchen is quite well equipped, The first time we stayed was in 2003 when they were still relatively new and we were really pleasantly surprised given that they are only 2* although we did notice a difference when we stayed there the second time as they were looking tired and in need of a makeover. The snack bar below was very handy and not at all overpriced. The pool is miniature but as there are only about 27 apartments over 9 floors it didn't really get crowded although we stayed there in March and the beginning of May so maybe June will be busier.
Although we didn't have any problems, I have read that there have been a number of break ins in these apartments in the past so it would be sensible for them to make sure that they don't leave any valuables on show when they go out which I know it's just common sense but people often forget about security when they go on holiday.

Hope this helps.
Sue
Hi brownetts,I think Sue means Witches Bistro you can get a very good 2 course meal 4.95 euros.also avery good chinese rest. near forgot name but get good meal including drink for 4.50 euros.agree with Sue the mercadona supermarket great for cheap food and drinks really big proper supermarket not a corner shop calling itself a supermarket cheap for drinks too.Next to witches bistro really cheap bar think its either Brittania 1 or 2.Dont know Benimar but from Sues comments must be near old town.The nightlife for younger people plus cabaret bars are more expensive but in new town suggest they visit these aswell on occasions after all they are on holiday.Also get a safety deposit box .Regards Steve.
Witches Bistro

Hi Steve, yes I did mean the Witches Bistro not the Witches Brew. :tup I think that the pub is the Britannia 2, that is the one that I was referring to. I used to go to the Mercadonna and come back that way, I'd stop for a coffee and a brandy and it was only about €1.50. If you come out of there, turn right and then turn left, the Benimar apartments are at the top of that road just before the roundabout (think it's a roundabout) they are just there on the left facing a parade of shops that have a butchers, a hairdressers and a provisions store as well as a real estate :think. You will have probably passed them but not realised what there are called as the sign is quite small.

Regards
Sue :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.