Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
E-mail: ambassador@hotelesbenidorm.com

David :wave
Thanks David.
Gailxxx
We are thinking of going to the Ubangi Stomp Rockabilly weekender at this hotel in November.

Read the reviews on various sites, range from the best thing since sliced bread, to fleas in the bed and slop in the dining room. No good at all really. :shrug

Anyone been recently and can give us a clue?

We are not bothered about size of room, the pool or the entertainment, just cleanliness and comfort. A clue about the grub would be good, but we can always eat out if it's :yuck

How much is beer and wine in the bar?

Oh yes, and which is the best block I or II?

Any help gratefully recieved. :D
:D Hi Algarveadick!

Hope I can answer some of your questions regarding the ambassador playa. We stayed last august, . The rooms are of average standard size (Like most hotel rooms), they have a large double wardrobe, telly, dressing table n chair, and are kept very clean, they are cleaned every other day, and bed linen changed every 2 days. We found the beds most comfy, and no we can accross no fleas!

The dining hall is spotlessley clean, and staff very friendly, there is a wide variety of food, (Even a seperate area for children - chick nuggets, pizza, smiley faces etc...). We are quite fussy eater's , and we really enjoyed the food here, it was hot, and there was plenty of choice. Whoever described the food as "swill", must have been extremely fussy, and only be use to food served up by Gordon Ramsey (IMO :wink: ).

The evening entertainment is quite good too, different acts on every night, and a kids disco until 9. We only stayed in hotel once,as there is that much to see and do around benidorm, we wanted to explore.

There are 2 outdoor pools. The doors open at 8.30, in the morning for the pool area, and it's a right old laugh watching them all scurring around like ants "Reserving their sunbeds",after the first three days, or going to pool area at about 10 and unable to find a sunbed, we joined in with 8.30 war!!(If you cant beat em, join em!).

We stayed in ambassador 2, although there is no difference between the one, and two, there is just a small alley which seperates the two hotels. Which ever hotel you are allocated , guests in both hotels ate in same restaurant, and shared pool area. (Not a seperate restaurant, pool area, for each hotel).

We enjoyed it so much, we have booked agin for oct this year., and if it's at the same standard as last year, I will be well chuffed!. I did receive a letter however saying there would be some building work at back of hotel, but if I wanted to pay £2 per person per night, we would be given a pool view at the front of the hotel, away from building work, and that we would be guaranteed away from any building work.

I hope I have managed to answer your questions, and put your mind at ease, but if you have any further questions, just ask. Regards. BBB.
Thanks BBB. Any idea on drink prices please?
:D Very cheap! pint of lager 1e-2e depending on where you go, drinking in hotel was much more expensive than elsewhere (although that is usually the case wherever you go), there's plenty of bars offering drinks for 1e, eating out is dirt cheap too. It's the cheapest place I have ever been to for eating and drinking out, and my only holiday I have had where I have actually come back with some money!

Forgot to add the ambassador did a couple of theme nights (In the restaurant), one was a mexican night, where they served gorgeous tortillas, etc.. , the other night was an italian night where they did pizzas, and pastas. (And all the staff got dressed up for the occassion too, in the traditional clothes). So don't worry bout the food, like I said earlier it was really nice (Better than some of the food I have had in 4-5* hotels!). I will pm you when I come back in october, and give you a full report, and let you know if it's just as good, as it was last year. Regards, BBB
staying in the ambassador with my fiancee' for a fortnight from june 21st. really cant wait now. stayed there years ago when it was the old reymar and riviera and have very fond memories.

here's hoping i am not disappointed . i am sure i wont be.
Anyone been here recently, would be grateful for any info
Hi Rosie ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing thread. We also have a reviews page (click here), where the most recent report is from just last month.

hi there

We stayed from the 18th July for a week, it was lovely and I have left a report on here. The fact that it is so central was brilliant for us as we had our 11 year old grandson with us, wish I was going back.
Hi : can anyone tell me how much it costs to use the downstairs spa suites in the Ambassador Playa in Benidorm. I was there a few years back, but cannot remember.
:D Hi donald, we were at the ambassador in october, although i cannot remember the price, there is a list of all the prices, for the various treatments available, in a booklet, left on the table in your room, I can remember having a flick through, and they seemed to be a reasonable price!

Regards, BBB.
does anyone know the ambassader playa's email address?
Hi suzy .. you will find it just slightly further up this page.

hi everyone,i was wondering if you could help with a bit of info;my girlfriend and i plan to spend a week in late october in benidorm (looking at the venus ,castilla and ambassador).With the ambass Hotel,1 or 2 reviews state you can hear some noise very late at night from the centre. Is this nothing to worry about/ is there an area for rooms in the hotel that would minimise any noise (ie pool view for eg)?

thanks for your help Russ
Hi i stayed in the ambassador last june and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a room with a pool view and it was quite noisy in the night until quite late. However this didnt really bother me or my partner. She is a very deep sleeper and i just put the tv on. Not sure if the rooms at the back are quieter, although they do face quite a busy road.

The hotel is great though and we are staying there again later this year.
:D Yes completely agree - having said that it didn't bother us in the slightest, as we wasn't coming in until the early hours anyway - so as soon as our heads hit the pillows, we were out like a light! - we too had a pool view, but I would have thought it would have been the same level of noise both front and back! - also up until end of september they have evening entertainment around the pool until about midnight - so this could be a problem if you like an early night! - all in all a fab hotel, we've been 3 times!

Regards, BBB
hi can anyone tell me who i book through to get the ambassador hotel
looking to go on july 21st from any airport in the south and every link i've clicked on for it does'nt have it i.e thomsons, really fancy this hotel for location and looks great, booking is for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 11 and 1. thanks for any help
:D We booked through thomsons last year :?: - only explanation I can think of, is that the hotel must be fully booked for the dates you want to go! - Other tour operators I know for definate are:, Portland direct, airtours, and direct holidays -you could also try jet2holidays!

Regards, BBB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.