Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi

I'm going to The Ambassador Playa 1 (one) Benidorm next week and would like to know what is the best room numbers for getting the sun all day in the balcony.

Appreciate any replies

wadandmags
hi, the rooms in ambassador 1 (facing the pool), seem to get the sun most of the day.
Email them, and ask for a room with a pool view:

Ambassador@hotelesbenidorm

I emailed a week before going, asking for a room overlooking the pool, and I got one!

Have a fab time, it's a really nice hotel, and food is great!

Enjoy

Belly!
hi , i`m going in september , how do i know if i`m going to be in the Ambassador Playa 1 or the Ambassador Playa 2 ?

and arnt the rooms on the side of the western saloon bar the best for the sun ?

cheers.
Hi

Can someone explain what the difference between the 1 and 2 are?

Thanks

Danny
Hi danny
Ihave stayed in ambassador 1 and 2 and to me theres no difference.The only thing i can think of is with it being a big hotel ambassador 1 handle direct holidays ,first choice and 2 handle thomas cook diy bookings etc .Apart from that im not sure been going there for yrs maybe i will ask in july lol cheers mazza
Yeah tartan, - I would say so - but that is ambassador 2!

There isn't any difference in rooms etc... you all use the same hotel pools, dining rooms etc.. just that you come out of different doors, and have a seperate reception, apart from that you wouldnt know there was a 1 or 2 unless someone told you!
Some folk (usually really old ones) still refer to them by their original names, Reymar and Riviera. :wink
David :wave
Yeah i must admit, i still refer to them as that and i am only 28.

I had many a happy family holiday there when i was much younger.Always used to pay a visit to john and josephs across the road.

Still go quite regulary to the ambassador now with the fiancee'. It is still a great hotel imo.
does anyone know if the food is any good at this hotel , i`m going in september.

we were in the possidon last march , and the scran was terrible .
Food really nice - They do a sunday roast/ themed nights too (mexican/italian etc etc..). There's even a separate bit where the kids food is (Potatoe faces, fish fingers, spag bol etc..). Didn't bother with the sweets, (Preferred the cheese and bics), so cant really comment on them, but you wont be disappointed !

Belly.
Hi... we stayed in the ambassador in 2006 and really enjoyed the meals.... even our 11 year old son who is very picky found something he liked every night.... :)
Was it the Ambassador Playa that was featured in the Benidorm Unpackaged Series? If it was, i must admit i did'nt really like the image of the place, but having said that, the series really did'nt give a very good image of anything in Benidorm really, so not worth making a judgement on that!

Best Regards - Taggy
Yes Taggy it was.... it did not give a good impression of the hotel at all but it was one of our best holidays and we are going back in august... only 10 weeks to go :sun2
No worries - If the food hadn't been up to much (my very fussy eater), mother, wouldn't have agreed to book the same hotel again!! :)

Belly!

(ps - Email them a week before you arrive, and ask for a pool view- (as these are the best rooms! - They wont email back, but both times we have always got what we asked for - A pool view, on 3rd floor!)

We'll be flying out on the 27th Sep - Can't wait!! :)
you might get my room , i fly back on the 26th september .

i think i will do that , ask them for a pool view about the 3rd or 4th floor.

so does the front of the hotel face the John & Josephs bar and the rear of the hotel face the pool ?
Hi the front face's onto the pool, and onto john n josephs. The back (from what I remember, faces onto road, and pubs/shops etc..). The evening entertainment is around the pool area too (so you can watch it from your balcony,- which my lad liked doing - whilst we got ready, and had a few drinks :D . This stops around 12, so don't worry about the noise!

Belly!
i normally go into the western saloon bar for a charge up before i go out to watch a show anyway , so i will be handy for that.

so i should ask them for a pool view then , thanks for your help belly.
Yes I would, (it wont cost anything to send a quick email!). I would send it a week before you arrive there. (as hotel only gets your details about 2 weeks prior to arrival). They never usually email you back. The email address is on one of these pages, if you cant find it, just let me know!

Belly!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.