Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hotel Rio Park
182 Posts
Have you checked the reviews laudan, we have several from this year ... click here.

David :wave
hi lauden

the rio park is a great hotel we have been 3 times most recently in march
its close to everything and the staff are great.

caz :D
But lets face it, do you spend ANY time in your room at this time of year?

In winter perhaps, but in summer it is pool or bar time ALL THE TIME.

I love the Rio Park.
Location = good
food = good
amenities = good

you can't go wrong!
But lets face it, do you spend ANY time in your room at this time of year?

Well unless you sleep elsewhere other than in your hotel room, I would have thought you do, yes.
:D Not only that, how many of us likes to relax with a drink on our balcony, I couldn't think of anything worse than being cooped up in a hotel room without a balcony, but each to their own. Regards, BBB.
Which is why I posted to the effect that if you are a Single Traveller you may not like the Hotel Rio Park.

There are numerous other Hotels in Benidorm where you still have to pay the same Single Room Supplement, but at least you get a Balcony. THis is not so at the Rio Park. And if you are a little claustrophobic you will not be happy with these rooms if you are a lone guest. Thats all I was trying to say.

I'm not saying do not stay at the Rio Park, I'm merely trying to advise that Single Rooms there are perhaps not the best you can find in Benidorm, even if yoo only intend to spend a few hours in them each night.
My mam is not a single traveller she is going with her sister. When she is on holiday she spends a lot of time on her balcony but has never ever had a nice view/or pool view. I have e-mailed the Rio Park and asked if possible they can have a pool view. Lets hope this time she is lucky
The Rio Park overlooks the Pool on one side, the Hotel Castilla on another side and a road on the third side, so I would say that a third of the twin/double rooms would benefit from a 'pool-view'.

If you have emailed the Rio Park with your requests, please bare in mind that you may not receive a reply, but the Hotel will do all they can to comply with your wishes. Most Hotels are only too willing to grant you a room of your choosing if you email them in advance but its not often yoiu get an emailed reply from the Hotel.
just been on thompson website pricing up holidays for next easter as we have to holidays around school terms.31stMarch 07 to 14th April 07

i was quoted £1900 for full board family room no prebook seats no inlfight meals as we all hate them, transfers for four of us for the Rio Park.
:D Helen- Did you enter the word Bluebird in the promotional box to receive an extra £100 off the total cost of your holiday? BBB
no i never

will try it and report back lol
thanks belly for that info just got another £100 off
:D Your welcome! Now if you go down to your local thomsons, and ask them to price beat it, theyshould do. That's what we did, and they obliged!! (If you do go down, don't forget to mention, you know about the £100 prom code :wink: ). Good Luck!!!
just rang my local thomson shop and asked them to quote for the same holiday.
they said cos my kids are 14 and 12 they are classed as adults and will have to pay the full adult fare,this info was not shown on the website quotation.

who is right??
:D Hi Helen, your 12 year old will be classed as a child NOT an adult, (On condition he/she does not turn 13 before they return home), unfortunatley the 14 year old is classed as an adult (Unfair I know, we have had a discussion running on this regarding child ages). When pricing the holiday up, did you select 3 adults, and 1 child? , if so, that's correct, and thompsons should have at least matched the price you have been quoted! (They are not obliged to do this - but like I said in my last post , they did it for us, after all they want our business)!. If however, you entered 2 Adults, and 2 children, I'm afraid you'll have to go back, for another quote entering 3 Adults, and 1 child :cry:

I'm having the same problem at the moment, for next year, our lad turns 13 in March, so this bumps the price up quite a lot, so half board is out of the question, as he is classed as an adult (Even though he eats like a mouse, and weighs just over 6 stone!!), we are limited to where we can book, (Not many properties offer a free childs place up from the age 13-16 :cry: )

Let us know how you get on! Good Luck. BBB
:D Admin- because we have gone :offtop . Please feel free to move this discussion to the releveant forumn. Thanks BBB.
Thinking of booking for July '07 on-line quote reasonable but going to pop into travel agent and see if they'll match using promo code as given by BBB.

Only been to Benidorm once so don't know location etc. How many floors (looked at pics and looks about 9)? Any recommendations re rooms, views etc? I quite like to be high up to get a good view.

Are there any daytime activities for teens? What does hotel offer at night?
Joolz
i stayed here in july.
The hotel has 12 floors, i was on the 8th which was high enough :lol:
Its a lovely hotel, very clean, nice staff. We did`nt spend a lot of time around the hotel as there was only me and hubby but the pool is big, lots of beds, bar/snack area good and there was also entertainment on every night for both kids and adults which lots of people said was good, not sure about teens though.
The best views would be the pool area, lots of rooms face that way so you would have a good chance getting one if you asked.
The hotel main doors is on the "yellow brick road" right beside the hotel castilla, opposite is the moby dick apartments if you know where any of these are.
Its about a 10-15 min walk down to the beach.
Hope this helps
Loulou
Thanks Loulou!! Sounds really good. We stayed in the Vacanza Apts which were up a hill. When you walked to the bottom of this hill you were across the road from the indoor market. I can remember where Sol Pelicanos and Ambassador were but that's about it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.