Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hotel Rio Park
182 Posts
It's my daughters first holiday abroad and she's only 5 and she wants to sit on the balcony looking at the pool, who could resist that? that is very true though.

Do all hotels answer their emails though?
Do all hotels answer their emails though?

They don't always reply to your request but it doesn't mean that they don't honour them.

I wouldn't keep pestering them at at this stage though.
As B.B.B. suggested, I would leave it until about a week before to email.

Don't forget to include the chocolate bribe :lol: It doesn't have to be an expensive box, it's just a small gesture.

I usually take one for reception and one for the maid who cleans the room, they really appreciate it.

Sue :)
I plan on handing out cash tips to the staff who deserve it, I understand how they rely on the tips as they don't get paid a great deal. When I called earlier a bloke answered the phone, blokes don't eat chocolates do they :? , My parents have stopped at this hotel previously and they said the manager Jose is a very nice guy.
:D Hi again!

Sue's spot on when she says they don't always acknowlege your email.

I usually send a crawly email on the lines of: "Really looking forward to our stay at your hotel, as your hotel has been highly recommended by friends, who cannot praise it high enough" (Blah Blah Blah ), Please could I trouble you to ask if it would possible to have a pool view, with a sunny balcony, on a floor not too high, (You could add) " As this is my daughters first time abroad, she would love to be able to sit on the balcony, and watch the pool activities, etc..... Finish off with something like " We are very much looking forward to meeting you, and the rest of the staff"

Dont forget to include all your details.
Spot on bellyballyboo, I will do that, thanks both of you for your help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually send a friendly email, saying how much we are looking forward to staying at their hotel,etc.. etc..., and I can honestly say in all the years I have emailed various hotels, I have always got what I have asked for.

I have found that a promise of a box of chocs for the reception staff always works wonders So far, no hotel has failed to give me the requests that I've asked for since I thought of that one.

Sue

It's always worked for us, not once have we been dissapointed. Gonna try it again this year.
Sorry David this is :offtop, please forgive me. :lol:

blokes don't eat chocolates do they

I think that's a very random statement to make. :roll: :roll:

In my experience woman are perhaps more inclined than men to enjoy chocolate, this may have something to do with our hormones. (but we won't go there.)

It doesn't mean to say though that men aren't partial to a bit of chocolate now and again, especially body chocolate on Valentines day. :rofl :rofl

Sue :)
I'm an up with the lark kind of person

Benidorm has some pretty up with the lark kind of builders (and the binmen are at it while the lark is still tucked up in its nest!) The town is a noisy place at the best of times (don't you just love the 16 year-olds' dawn chorus) so dust is more the problem. The Rio Park pool is on the other side than the building site, and quite well protected by the building so I wouldn't worry too much.
I know it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early, but I couldn't resist e.mailing the hotel!! I got an immediate reply saying they would do their utmost to honour my requests.

I'll remind them again the week before we go! Hope the choccies don't melt in my case :lol:
Hi Joolz, when do you go?

What did you say in your email?
seriosley do you put on the email about taking them some chocolates :roll: if so i will say that on my email before I go to flamingo oasis just to make sure we get our requests...

Danny 8)
Yes Danny,
Mark your e-mail FAO Reception ( think we marked ours for a lovelly lady called Imilla......tip from SueAllen :wink: )

We got our room on the first floor as requested and a copy of the e-mail was attached to our details when we got there :lol:
Sorry, HTadmin, that was a bit off topic :wink:
Does anyone know what cocktails they do at the Rio Park poolside bar!
Could anybody please give me the E.mail address for the
RIO PARK
please
cheers
Mistieburt
riopark@medplaya.com

Danny 8)
If you go on this website you can see a webcam of the building works near the Rio park.

http://www.medplaya.com/hotel.php?idm=2&cs=15&ch=8
I am unable to access the webcam because it says that AXIS 241Q is not installed whatever that is. Which is a pity, as I would have liked to have seen the construction works as we are planning a stay at the Castilla which is right next door to the Rio Park.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.