Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hopefully, This link will give you an idea of the location of the building works. It is my first attempt at a google map, but I hope it helps you decide. The top marker is the apartment building. The centre one is the Rio Park. The lowest one is the Cultural centre.

Let me know if it doesn't work for you.
Hi Pebbles

It works for me, I'll have to have a go at that in future, saves scanning maps :tup
If you click on the blue markers, another little window opens and tells you which is which.

Well done, clever pants :rofl

sanji
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Well I didn't know if it would work, since I was logged in to google. Thanks for letting me know Sanji.
Thank you very much pebbles the link was a big help :tup The building work looks too near for my liking will speak with the agent again tomorrow.

Regards anais_uk
We stayed at the Vista Marr in July, the building work you mention are two Gigantic tower blocks that have risen next to the Rio Park & across from the Vista Marr. Although Building work had supposed to have stopped in the summer months we were awoke at 8am every weekday by banging and crashing coming from the site! My advice...take some earplugs!
Thanks tubs for the advice..........we have now managed to cancel the hol with a full refund. Didnt fancy being woke up every morning to the sounds of drills, diggers etc. We were offered to swop to other accommodation but at a premium so we opted for the full refund.

Best wishes anais_uk
Only too happy to help, there's nothing like 1st hand info! This wonderful site is full of it!
There is 2 blocks called doble which have gone up at the side across the road.The work to the left across the yelow brick road is the new cultural theatre centre it is low rise.With regarding this work it's been going on since last year.
We do have a dedicated topic about construction work taking place in Benidorm.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82119&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
There is 2 blocks called doble

D'Oboe ;-)
You can get the lift down to the resturant.
yes apparantly there is a lift to resaurant.
Didn't you see my reply stating this in October? :rofl
Latest photo's of the two "Torres D'Oboe," opposite the Rio Park...Date of photo's 22/12/08

These are just about to be "topped", then work will or should start inside.
The first photo shows the hotel Rio Park on the left.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4523/riooe8.th.jpg http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1134/rio1wa2.th.jpg http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6285/rio2ia7.th.jpg
Click on image to enlarge ...Thanks to ImageShack for hosting.

Sanji
To be honest, my parents spent a couple of nights there (my treat) and you couldn't hear much at all from their rooms. They were over the entrance, so it noise from the Cultural centre construction was a problem, they would have heard it big time. Their view if the project was very good. I was annoyed that they didn't take any photos.

Never mind. I just hope that no-one is put off the Rio Park because of the construction.
anyone been recently??? we are going on 16 June all the family is going from Grandma to Greatgrandkids about 21 of us in total. so should be good. the reviews all seem good. but how is the building work going opposite??
thanks all Craig n Jules
My parents have just come back from having two weeks there, they loved it, they've stopped here previosly also, whilst they were there this time they had me book them in here for a month over christmas.
well we can't wait to go here after hearing loads of good stuff about thei hotel, but do the rooms have hairdryers???
thanks Craig
I don't think they have hairdryers. We last stayed there in October 08, and I'm sure there weren't any then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.