Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Showers or baths
182 Posts
i stayed here last august and we had a great time. we had a family room by the pool, someone i know who is interested in going was asking me if there is lift access from the pool area to the main reception and if you can go straight from poolside into main restaurant ( they are taking someone who isnt too good on there feet and are concerned about the stairs). i didnt take notice when we were there as we just went up and down stairs normally. if anyone can answer that would be great
stayed in rio park 2 years ago cant remember seeing a lift to the pool area but i think i remember seeing lots of ramps everywehere
also all the rooms i saw had a shower over the bath think thats the norm
we are going to the rio park, and we are taking our mother who needs a wheel chair to get around, now then does anyone know if there is wheel chair access to pool area or the restaurant as we have heard there are steps to both of these??? can anyone help please.
can anyone tell me if there are safety deposit boxes at this hotel . the thomsons brochure makes no mention of them . :)
According to the medplaya website there are safety deposit boxes.

http://www.medplaya.com/hotel.php?ch=8&idm=2&ss=8
anyone just got back from the rio park? how is it?
going on the 1st july
i am going soon too . heard there is building work going on outside the hotel . does any one know how bad it is ? :que
we had an email about the building work the other day, hope it does not effect the holiday too much. Also sent an email to ask if we can have a pool view room, thought there is not harm asking. Weather we get it is another story.
cant belive that on Tuesday we be on out first holiday to Benidorm.

Angela
Hi can you please let me know if there is wheel chair access to the pool area and restaurant?, when you return.
Hope you have a great time the weather is great at the moment i have spoke to someone who has just come back from Costa Blanca.
will let you know when i get back :-)
The building work isn't a problem unless you are on that side (non-pool side) and like spending a lot of time on the balcony. Then I could see how it could be a problem.
thanks fergal, is there access for a wheel chair to pool and restaurant area???
many thanks Craig
When I went in to film it, I can't remember if there was access via ramps to the pool, that's not saying there is or isn't, it's just that I can't remember, but there is a lift (lifts) that go to the floor where the restaurant is situated.
If you look at my video, you will see in reception the lifts, and next to them the flight of stairs that you go down to the restaurant and I'm 99.999% positive that it goes down to the level of the restaurant.

We stood waiting for the restaurant to open for Saturday lunch, so that I could film it and I'm sure I saw a lift door down there.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
there is a ramp to the pool, you have to go to the terrace there is an arrow that says ramp. its right at the end of the terrace. there are plenty of lifts just have to wait a while sometimes. also ther eare rechargers for the mobile scooters in the hotel also.
loved the hotel rio park.
angela
Hi,
Sorry if this question has already been answered in this forum but was just wondering how far away is this hotel from the square/strip. I don't remember seeing this hotel when in Benidorm. I have stayed at the Ruidor which was too far out and The Orange was was obviously perfect location!
Thanks!
Hi Steph, it's only a short walk away from the square, here is a map of where the hotel is if that helps.

http://www.hotelstreet.co.uk/Hotel_Map-12873-Rio_Park.html

Sue :)
Hi, We have recently booked a weeks stay at the Rio Park for the end of November with my inlaws. The other day my MIL recieved a letter from Thompson Hols to inform her of some building works that are taking place at the front and back of the Rio Park. I have searched the internet/reviews etc and I am getting mixed messages I was wondering if anyone out there has actually stayed at the Rio Park recently and if you could tell me how bad the noise is etc. I am wondering whether or not to swop to another hotel.

TIA anais_uk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.