Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
If anyone is looking for somewhere in Cavelossim a hotel/guest house which opened last year in Cavelossim is http://www.palmgroveresidencygoa.com as it is fairly new and not using any U.K. trvael agents yet it shouldn't be fully booked.
Hi tightjock

Thank you for the link, we are hoping to stay in Cavelossim in February but finding it very difficult to book rooms:-((, I have email the Mobor Resort 3 times, (conflicking rreport as to whether its open or not) Haathi Mahal 3 times. We stayed in Sao Domingos last December for a couple of nights and found the rooms alittle small for 2 weeks holdiay, I know the Edwin was/has open a new guest house, is this it? if not could you advise the location. I will email them to request room rates and availablity

Thanks very much for your assistance

Jules
Hi Goanaddict ~ this isn't Edwin's new guest house. His is in the same location as the old one, to the right of the Goan Village restaurant area. Palm Grove is down passed the Haathi, towards Cavelossim village 'proper'. It's in a lovely location, is absolutely spotless. We'll definitely be giving their restaurant a try this year as tightjock highly recommends it. We're staying at Edwin's in February, not sure whether in the new accommodation or not but I'll post a review when we get back early March.

:P
Forgot to mention, I'll be speaking to Goan friends at the weekend (Diogo and Santana, Shopper Choice, near Mike's Place), so will ask if they know whether the MBR is open or not. Will let you know.
Thanks alot MadAboutGoa, we know very little about Cavelossim but we are looking forward to exploring in February, I have emailed the Palm Grove so hopefully will have a bit more luck with this email

thanks again

Jules
I am staying in Cavellosim at the moment in the Mobor Beach hotel, so yes it is open. I had read a few conflicting reports regarding this hotel but have found it to be generally ok. The rooms are clean and presentable, although the beds are very small for a double, the pool area isn't great but who needs it when when you've got a lovely beach 5 minutes walk away.

I normally stay in Candolim in the North but have ventured down here for a week to see what the South is like. Sorry it's only my opinion but I'm a little disappointed and do much prefer the North with all it's restaurants, bars and very nice beaches as well(Mandrem, Querim beach). Although there are some nice restaurants here you do get bored after a week with not much to choose from, hence we cannot wait to return to Candolim on saturday for a furter 2 weeks!
Hiya, we are off to the Ramada in south goa on the 21st jan and trying hard to email bettys boats to reserve a day out, but it keeps bouncing back. any ideas. really interesting to read all the reports we have been there twice but would like to be more adventurious. have been on jungle book expereince and that was great the beach huts on stilts sound fun, also any info on bus/train travel would be great. amon count down now. 11 days to go.
I tried the e mails on the website the webmaster bounced back but info@bettysgoa.com hasn't yet :D
Thank you I will try that EMail address :
Ms Rand ~ I wouldn't be overly concerned if you can't book in advance from the UK. The trip runs on a daily basis and my understanding is that Betty's have a second boat this season doing the same trip. You can book this trip from Betty's Shack on Cavelossim beach, and many of the other shacks take bookings for this trip.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your help, we do have the phone number and sure we will book it up over there. Just trying to be organised as we get there and get into the easy lifestyle of beach and beach bar and don't do all the things we said we would do. Last time we enjoyed that day out so much. 11 days and counting!!! :D
Thought I would add this quickly before I forget (I might edit later) I know Dudhsagar Falls are actually Central Goa but if travelling there from the South by taxi you will pass (or near to) the village of Chandor (which is in South Goa). Here there are two fabulous Portguguese stately homes which are fascinating to walk round. There is an amzing array of antiques from Goa of old (as well as China etc. etc.) and the ballroom with it's full length mirrors and chandelier's is simply stunning hard to believe you are in Goa and not an old Stately home in England. You are shown round by the current occupier's the name I remember is the Menezes-Braganza family but one wings of that home is occupied by another part of the same family there are many rooms to explore and I think 16 balconies to give you an idea of the size of the home. There is no entrance fee but the homes have been opened to the public in order to pay for the upkeep of these lovely homes so a donation of around 100 rupees per person is expected. To be honest even if not heading to the falls they are well worth a visit. Chandor is around 7/8 miles East of Margao.
TJ, sounds as if it's well worth a visit :tup
Hi, does anyone know if Edwin is open for business yet?
sent an email nearly 2 weeks ago, no reply yet, need to confirm my booking for december.
great thanks. Had a good read. Some interesting stuff.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.