Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Maybe if you dropped an email to here CLICK HERE they might be able to help with any information? Their email address and phone number are on the information.
thanks Pam,

I've already emailed IAR in Goa and am hoping they can give me some good advice :lol:

Helen
Hi Helen,

One of our members 'Cartman' I think her user name is. She brought home a stray from Goa, why don't you pm her I'm sure she'll give you all the info you need.

Arl
hi Arl,

thanks very much for the tip - I've pm'd Cartman and asked for any advice.

Helen
I remember someone else doing this on here, the thread was interesting :shock: type 'rescue a stray dog from Goa for over £3000 when you could feed a familly in Goa for 5 years on that ' into the search engine on here and I am sure the thread will appear.

:)
Tried it vegasone, but nothing comes up :shrug sounds an interesting debate :wink:

Helen
Is'nt there a deserving homeless dog here in the UK you could provide a home for ?
[i]Plummet Quote.
Is'nt there a deserving homeless dog here in the UK you could provide a home for.

Yes indeed. It is said that charity begins at home.
The starving children in india,the homeless dogs in england.you have to think with you head not your heart on these matters
I dont really think we should tell people what to spend their money on otherwise where would it end.Would you tell someone not to buy a £7000 rolex watch or an expensive house or come to think of it,a slap up steak dinner just because others are not so fortunate.
Just my opinion :roll:

nicole
Are you 100% sure that the dog in question is definitely a stray and not somebody's pet???

I fed two dogs close to my house for a couple of years, every May when It came time for me to leave Goa I used to worry like mad that they'd starve to death in Monsoon........of course they didn't and always turned up in October looking healthy and happy but a little skinny.
I went for a walk one day because the scooter was in the garage so took a short cut across a piece of land that I normally wouldn't take (couldn't get the scooter through), well anyway to my amazement MY two dogs were sat in the garden of a rickety old house with a lady and a couple of kids.........turned out that they were the family pets!!!
I still feed them now ocassionally but also don't have to worry about them in monsoon because I know exactly where they are.

Imagine if you stole somebody's beloved pet dog and took it to England......you'd feel really bad and I'm sure the pooch would get really homesick.........just a thought.

GFF xx
The best thing in the world I ever did was adopt my dearly departed Fred from Battersea Dogs Home - he game so many people so much happiness and I have never regretted it. Whether you are supporting a charity, child, dog whatever it does not matter where you do it. Some people support animal charities some support children etc etc. I give to Battersea under the Give us you Earn Scheme every month and just recently have a £10.00 to the Fairpak people - because I wanted to. My opinion is my money, my choice. Same for everybody else.

Good luck to anybody who wants to bring a dog back from India - it will be hard task but I say go for it, if that is what you want - you are doing good no matter that it is for "just" a dog....... Hope you have success.
Helen

Good luck on bringing your dog home, keep us informed.

Donna
XX
Thanks to all for your views,

I agree - there are many deserving cases, human and animal, home and abroad. There are also strong feelings on issues such as these and everyone is entitled to their views. However, my decision rests with what I am happy to spend my time, effort and hard earned cash on. I continue to welcome any constructive advice that anyone has on the process of bringing a dog back to the UK. :lol:

GFF - absolutely right, :D and I'm having an honest discussion with a beach shack who seems to have 'temporarily adopted' her when we're back out there in January. I've already extensively asked around and no-one so far has come forward with any info or claiming ownership. Having said, if that is the case, I will still offer to spey, vaccinate etc as I think it's a contribution to the health of the dog and of the aims of the IAR in general.

Helen
hi helen,we,ve sent you a pm ,hope we can be of help
its your desision,your money,only you can deside wether its right to bring home your dog,we would do it again ,rani brings us love , loyalty and every day she makes us laugh,as the mastercard ad says,priceless,lol
we also agree everyone has their own opinion on the matter,and wouldnt life be boring if we all thought the same
regards
sally,mick rani and scraps
ps we are in goa from 5th till 19th jan if you need any help,
It's all very Maddonnaish to me.

Why buy a small black child from Africa when you can walk into a UK orphanage and pick up a free one.

as harsh as that sounds. the 'truths' hurt
Can you really vegasone! its news to me :!:
I do agree,why get over there, when you can get here,you are right,nobody should tell anybody, what to spend there money on,good luck what ever you do.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.