Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Fuengirola all the way, its not as rowdy as beny, and I think beny is more aimed at stags and hens due to the 24 sq, however, around the marina in beny is supposed to be lovely, I am in fuengy in august and taking a water taxi upto beny marina for lunch, fuengy is my 2nd home, love it, so spanish but has its variety of english bars etc, its very flat also.. I love the restaurants in fuengy around fish alley, and also in mijas we normally eat at valaprasio for a special night out.. Its everyones choice, but fuengirola wins every day for me.. roll on august 09th.. enjoy :sun2
I think you should try Benalmadena, it's not rowdy unless you go to the 24 hour square and search out the clubs etc. We've gone in May and Sept and if you stay on or near the beach there are some lovely walks along the promenade nice restuarants and of course the Marina is beautiful. Never been in Feb but imagine the weather would be similar to Fuegirola if not better also you can get some good deals at the moment on s/c private apartments- make sure you bargain!!

Cathrine
We have been to Torremolinos January and February for short breaks.
Last year we were swimming in the sea/pools and came back with a nice tan.
We have been lucky with the weather.
We always sit outside on our balcony and in the bars.
The nights do get cooler and a jacket might be required but it is still better than the UK.
The reason why we like Torremolinos so much is the ease of walking to Benalmadena one way (we love the Marina but not all the bars and restaurants will be open then)and the town the other. We always stay in hotels along the promenade.
I am sure Sanji will join in this thread - she's a star!
I have been to Benalmadena in Nov/Dec and I can't imagine it being any different six weeks later in February"¦. The weather is in the lap of the gods and there's only about 3 miles between Benalmadena and Fuengirola, with Fuengirola being the furthest south.

Benalmadena rowdy ?....it can't get rowdy because half the places are shut up, but the poster didn't ask about Benalmadena, he asked for our opinions on the comparison between Fuengirola and Torremolinos in Feb, he's already made his mind up that he wasn't too keen on Benalmadena..

Stewart:
IMO: Stick to Fuengirola, it's a 12 month working town, and you can always get the train from Fuengirola to Torremolinos for a few euros and have a look around.
You mentioned that you like walking"¦"¦
You can walk down the steps at the end of Calle San Miguel,(main street in Torremolinos) turn right and enjoy the walk around Roca Chica headland and through La Carihuela to Benalmadena Marina.
From there, rejoin the promenade on the Benalmadena side and walk to the windmill roundabout, turn right and just up the hill is the entrance to Paloma Park.
From there you can either walk up to the train station in Arroyo or go back down to the coastal road and catch the bus at some point, back to Fuengirola.

Away from Torremolinos town centre, you will find it very quiet and if you walk or stay outside the town centre, you're looking at either steps or hills to climb to get to the train station.
Fuengirola has the advantage that it is flat and has a train station.

You know the old saying...... If it isn't broke, don't try and mend it. ;)
Sanji
I always stay in the Los Boliches part of fuengirola quieter than the centre but still convieniant.
My fiancee' and i returned home from fuengirola a few weeks ago. It was our 4th visit in two years . We have really fallen in love with the place. It has everything we need for a great holiday and is an ideal base for us to visit the rest of the CSD.

Wherever you choose to go , i am sure you will have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.