Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
According to the Alicante Airport website, the night fare to the city centre is €19. More taxi fares available on page 1 of this topic.

David :wave
Me again!!
Just wondered if anyone has used Travel Republic for their transfer recently.
I've just had a look on their website & for a quote of £19.46 for 2 of us return! :really
Can this be too good to be true?!?!?!?
Hi wheatcrunchie .. while you wait for some replies with details of recent experiences, if you enter Republic in the Search box in the bottom left hand corner of this topic, you will be able to retrieve all previous discussion about them in this thread.

David :wave
Thanks for that David.
I have had a quick look about.
You know sometimes when you just think something really can't be that cheap!
Wheatcrunchie - Have used Travel Republic transfers regularly in several countries inc Alicante to Benidorm and always found them very reliable. In fact, using them again 31/3/09 ret 07/04/09 and yes, just less than £20. :tup
Thanks hrh5554, good to hear from someone that has tried & tested them.
Ive gone ahead and booked it. Too good a bargain to pass up. I noticed on the confirmation it says to approach the resorthoppa desk at alicante airport. Assume they are an agent for resort hoppa?
Oh well hopefully all will run smoothly
Wheatcrunchie the desk is next to the shuttle direct one next to the exit of the terminal. If no one is at the desk usually the shuttle direct person will sort you out. You have to phone the company the day before your return. Ive used both of the companys with no problems. Have a nice time :)
Thanks freethepain. I normally use Shuttledirect so I should be able to find them.
Really looking forward to going now everythings booked!
i have tried both the shuttle transfer and last week tried the alsa public service,this is my verdict of both transfers.
the shuttle dropped people off right throughout benidorm direct to their hotel, for myself going to the indoor market area it took just over 2 hours from the airport to drop off point i except this could vary according to hotel/passengers.

i booked 5 alsa return bus tickets online prior to trip to be sure of seats,this resulted in 11 sheets of A4 paper which really could have been printed on one sheet.the bus left promply on the hour and took approx 45 minutes to benidorm av europa via the new bus station.there's a taxi rank alongside which allowed us to complete journey to hotel in a few minutes for additional 6 euro.
Just a quickie if you book a shuttle with travel republic from the airport do they drop you off at your hotel of just in the centre??
Hi there. Just wondered about your experiences at Alicante airport. When we landed there were loads of photographs of members of ETA who were wanted by the police. Yet no one had to show their passports, when we passed through the airport. There was no passport control at all. Is this normal for Alicante. I have never been to any airport before and not had to show my passport. It was quite frightening actually.
I have never encountered this before even when travelling within Europe, and neither had the couple who were travelling with us. Tony - we were in La Carrihuela last year in the exact same spot where a bomb went off a few days later. It just frightened me to think that with the huge danger from terrorism that we face today, that anyone could walk about that airport without being challenged.
Went to Beni 5 times last year and did'nt show my passport once, it used to get looked at about 1 in 2 or 3 times but lately they dont seem to be bothering!!

Best Regards - Taggy
I go in and out of Alicante about 6 or 7 times a year. In the last 5 years I have had my passport checked once going out and once coming in.

National Police and Guardia Civil presence on the roads and in the cities at the moment is the highest I have ever seen. In the last week I have been through 4 roadblocks.
Possibly one David (mod) may/can help with.

I remember a reply to a post which detailed the conditions and paperwork all licenced airport transfers had to comply with but can't find it now.
And should all these conditions apply to all transfers or can they be ignored if only 2 or 4 passengers?

If this should be in Airport thread please move

Thanks

Helen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.