Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
EXCURSIONS
90 Posts
http://www.lutonstravel.com/in/excursions/index.html
they don't include the camel ride, but you can pay for it seperately if you like.
Their trips are cheaper than the reps, and pretty much the same. You'll find their leaflets all over the resort (well, in PDC & CT anyway)
I found the cheapest option if you can do it is to hire a car and pay when get there, we didnt get charged for the camel ride he he he the bloke forgot us...
a couple of weeks ago there was a leaflet advertising 12 euro for the same sort of tour lutons do for 35 euro.the snag is it includes a `short presentation'which will probably be timeshare or the like.
trev1865, I am not sure whether it is the same tour, but there is one where you have a presentation of "natural cosmetics", and although it sounds cheap you have to then pay to have the camel ride and various other things!

I don't want to put people off taking the cheaper tours but do add up how much the "extras" are going to cost over and above the initial charge.

The major tour operators (not just UK TO's) here use the same company for the tours, which is long established, has all the correct licences and insurances, coupled with guides who have taken the exams required here. In theory, you can walk into any travel agent, or any welcome meeting and the price for the tours should be the same.
If you intend to go to mount teide and camel rides, go as early as poss. It gets so busy with loads of queues. We were the first there when we went as our rep advised us all to get there early and he was quite right! happy hols all :D
wrong island!!!!!! :D Teide is tenerife! And here on lanzarote the tours start around 10.00 so, the best time to go to Timanfaya independently is after lunch cos most of the tour buses have left by then. There is still likely to be a queue of cars though!
opps :oops: what a prat lol. when we were ready to go back at dinner time ish it was rammed, people queuing and cars/coaches waiting, the driver said its like it all day, thats why he likes to get there first so not to wait in the heat and everyone getting miserable.
hi heading with my boyfriend here in three weeks time.staying in kon tiki club apartments. what to know about day trips and if anyone has been to these apartments.Is there a marine world?
Hi :D

Some ideas for days out :D

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Philippa :D
These are the most popular coach trips on the island: http://www.lutonstravel.com/in/excursions/index.html
Have a great holiday :D
Hi Guys

Just been pricing up excursions and cant remember what price we paid via travel company to holiday rep last time we went on excursion - has anyone used tours via reps and what price approx were they.

tks

Neonitrix
Have you done a search? It should bring up some answers? The tours on Lanzarote, booked through the official channels are all the same price, regardless of which holiday company you are with. There are "unofficial" tours available too.
I can't remember how much any of the UK Tour Operators excursion prices were last year, but I know the independant companies are cheaper and just as good :D
This is one of the most popular operators on the island:
http://www.lutonstravel.com/in/excursions/index.html
I got given prices by lutonstravel but I wanted to compare them to the prices that Budget Travel or falcon reps charge for trips. The last time we went to lanzarote was 3 years and I cant remember what we got charged.

thanks for your help

Neonitrix
Have just got back, is there anyone which you are looking for the price off, we did a few of them
cathy201 - I'm going next week :D Just out of curiosity, how much is the Fuerteventura trip (full island tour) with the reps? And how much for the North Tour (caves, Cesar Manrique etc)?
I've got the Thomas Cook leaflet from last year, but the page with the prices on is the page they rip out when you book the tours :roll:
Hi

Ok I can help with the Fuerteventura trip (full island tour) as mine did it on Wednesday, they left the hotel at 8am and returned at 7pm, went over on the Blue Dolphin (glass bottom boat) and had lunch over in Fuerteventura included in the price, time on the beach then sailed over to a small Island, sea was very rough coming back but all had a good time, cost 46 euros for adulds, 23 for children,

Did not do the North Tour (caves, Cesar Manrique etc)? Did the Island tour, that included the caves, also did the Jeeps, Market, Catamaran and reps night,

Just ask away if I find the booklet with let you know about the North Tour, we were with First Choice

Hope this helps

Cathy
Thanks for the info :D I'm trying to compare the reps prices to Lutons Travel. I know it's not really a problem to wait until we get there, but the reps do put you under a lot of pressure to book the trips on the first morning (before you've seen the local prices - crafty :swear ) Last year we went with Thomas Cook on the volcanos tour, it was more expensive than Lutons, but the Thomas Cook trip included the camel ride, with the Lutons trip you have to pay extra, so I suppose it's swings and roundabouts really :roll:
It is no problem happy to help, will try and find some bits I have brought back and post some prices, out side ones did look cheeper but did not seem to include lunch

We booked all ours with the reps as I wanted to know when my 16 year olds were going on their own they had a rep, but no rep went :(
On our Island tour we had to pay for the camels on top :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.