Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi,

Sorry to hear about part of your holiday being ruined with the added expense of phone calls and taxi's etc.
No expert here, but I had a holiday complain recently, and I managed to get it sorted out through Consumer Direct. Here is a link for them

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/consumer-support/consumer-direct/page8347.html

Good luck and I hope you get a good result.

Mary.
tour operators have a habit of stringing along complaints and not complying to the abta 28 day reply rule, if i were you i would contact the holiday solicitor ros shes very good and will give you good advice, her details are on here , good luck
Ros Fernihough can be reached on 01922 621114

She is a travel law lawyer and will offer you free advice.
Hi bagand96
Sorry to hear about your fiasco, this happened to us 2 years ago, we were placed in another resort never mind accommodation.
As long as you have your complaint form from the rep you have no worries.
Looking back it did take about a month before the first reply back to us. By the way are the letters being sent to you or direct to the travel agents?
We were dealing however, with another travel company, but as you can imagine it is a busy time of year for them so hold on in there.

All in all our complaint was dealt with in 4 months.

Keep your chin up, persevere, and most of all keep smiling :wink:

good luck

kazee
to my knowledge however i could be slighly off here but when a booking is made via a travel agent, in this case going places they semd all of the information about the booking to thomas cook electronically, which is then automatically updated on thomas cooks files and they tickat the rooms and flights etc, again automatically. so in this case, unless a computer somewhere has taken it upon itself to alter your booking it must comedown to human error and to quite frank the main human input onto the system to book your holiday is carried out by going places.

I had a instance a few years back where my parents on a whim decided to book a last minute holiday to fuerteventura. they booked it through going places to travel with thomas cook. all was well until 2 days proir to departure when the confirmation from thomas cook arrived and in the smaller print detailed some of the distruptions that may be caused by the on going building work. now none of this had been mentioned by going places when the holiday was booked 7 days prior to that.

I contacted a friend of mine who worked for another tour operator in the same resort who tiold me how bad this building work was an that he knew first hand of the complaints thomas cook were recieving oin resort about the hotel.

I then contacted Thomas cooks resort office in fuertevetura and explained my situation. they were very helpfull and informed me that the works had been on going for 2 months and that all of this information had been uploaded onto the booking system, this meant that when the girl at going places had booked the holiday she would have had a big message on her computer screen explaining this at the time but had not mentioned anyhting.

Armed with this Myself and my father visited the travel agent in question, we spoke with the manager who incidently was the person who booked the holiday in the first place. After 20 minutes of passing the blame onto thomas cook, being fobbed off and told blatant lies i informed her 1, of the informtion I had already recieved from thomas cook and 2, the fact that i'd worked in the industry for some years therefore was fully aware that she was fobbing me off with absolute tittle tattle and had been blatanly telling lies to me.

Within 10 minutes of this she had re booked my parents holiday, the same resort and standard of hotel and with better flights free of charge.

Im not saying this is the case with all travel agents but over the years I have found that tour ops and travel agents can be as bad as easch other for passing the buck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.