Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
As you'd only paid a deposit on your flights you would always have to pay the full amount before any changes. Had you booked direct with Easyjet you'd have had to pay the full amount on booking.

Flight change - more than 60 days before traveler per person, per flight
£17 + fare difference £22 + fare difference .

Above are Easyjet change of flight charges. £17 if you amend online, £22 if you use their call centre. Both are + flight difference in price. You should go online to Easyjet & find out what difference there is in price to your original flight.

So if there's 2 of you travelling then it's £17 x 2 plus price difference.
Hi there,

I have also had to change my holiday dates flying with BA but booked through TR.

I paid for the holiday in full at the time of booking.

I was quoted £150 per person to change the date of the flight plus another £205 per person for the new flights as the price was more expensive for the new flights. On checking the BA website the new flights are only £150 more expensive than our old flights so where is the extra £55 per person coming from? I have checked BA website each day and the prices of the new flights has never changed.
Is this another “hidden” charge to get even more money out of me?
I will never book a flight through a third party ever again!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Having always booked direct with the TO (dont do diy) I am unable to see the benefits in booking with a 3rd party particularly when I read of the problems people suffer.
one thing to remember is that TR will charge their own amendment fee on top of the easyjet or BA fees
Fwh, one of the benefits with TR in the past was that they were sometimes selling flights cheaper than the airlines themselves! For example, we used them to book flights to Tenerife with Jet2 when going to La Gomera because they were selling flights at the same price as Jet2 but whereas Jet2 were then adding on the cost of checked in baggage onto the basic flight costs, TR were including it within the basic price. Given that there were 6 of us and my brother and his kids wanted to take snorkelling gear etc, 6 free checked in suitcases was a big saving.

Before booking, I did check direct with TR and was told that the price they'd quoted definitely included 22kgs of luggage per person and that while it might be as a result of a glitch in their system they would honour it. So I booked it and they did honour it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.