Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
:oops: oh ok. See i know nothing at all. :) You are educating me well.
Kerry, pigeon is delicious, you really should try it.
:shock: erm i think i will give that one a miss thanks. Last year on holiday in Majorca there was something that looked like bat - i later found out that it was rabbit. I gave that a wide birth too. :( Poor little rabbits.
I eat cow, sheep, chicken and pig - but couldnt bring myself to eat a pigeon or rabbit! Strange i know. :lol:
Not just pigeon
Horse is very god low cholesterol
so is Emu and Ostrich
Hedgehogs not bad roasted

Now where was it they do Guinea Pig

Regards
From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps

Pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/madcaravanner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/madcaravanner/
:shock: oh my gosh. The thought of pigeon was bad enough - but HORSE!!!!!!!! :yikes
Briar, in our defence, it was on topic until the caravanner brought up eating horses... :lol:
Ok
I will get back on topic I'm sober this morning (I mean not had a painkiller yet)

Bird Flu requires a large amount of contact with the infected Avian species for it to be affective in Humans i.e. you have to a bird handler

Eating any sort of Poultry or game bird as long as it's cooked properly will not give you anything except indigestion if you eat too much

Eating raw meat will not give you bird flu Salmonella yes bird flu no

I repeat this you have to be in contact with LIVE birds
Well thats stating the b....y obvious, mate. We all know that us guys should stay away from Birds who are too lively ! :lol:

Ouch ! Just got a clip around the back of the head from Briar ! :roll:
Yeah Swiss, you've gotta be careful where you tread when it comes to our Briar. :lol:

"Avian Flu" - just to keep my post 'on topic' 8)
Read this and stop worrying about bird flu.
Slightly technical report on why bird flu is hard to catch.
Its hard enough catching a bird !
I knew there'd be one. I typed that line and thought,
"Shall I edit that?".
Then decided,
"No, give someone an easy chance at a cheep joke".

BTW Swiss - remeber I said Id request the Winter brochure. Yesterday morning the October 2005-06 one turned up in the post. You weren't in it!
2005 - 2006 eh ? And that just a few days after the Winter officially ends ? Hmmmmmm..... Guess I ll have to wait till the end of March 2007 to see if I am in the Winter catalogue of 2006 - 2007.

Mind you... you probably did nt specify which year you wanted... you were lucky you did nt get 2001-2002 for example.
bird flu discovered in a very small and poor city on the borders of cairo so for information and it was one case discovered and its totally far away from the tourist places here in egypt..caio bella :D
Sorry I don't see what the panic is.

It is only a matter of time before the UK has it's first confirmed case of the H5N1 avian influenza virus , what will you do then ?

It possibly makes sense when in Egypt and any other country for that matter, to avoid coming in to contact with large flocks of bird, so even if your holiday rep recommends it as the trip of a lifetime :hmmm don't go to any large poultry farms :D
Hi
Just one word....Chill! and I mean people, not the chickens.
Do it, live it, breath it, see it, feel it.
Something will kill you one day but it is highly unlikly to be anything during your 2 week trip to Egypt
xxSBxx
chicken is only 3LE a kilo in Egypt at the moment so you can expect to see a lot of it on hotel menus.
chicken is only 3LE a kilo in Egypt at the moment so you can expect to see a lot of it on hotel menus.

My OH was working at a Hotel - every staff meal was chicken!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.