General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Comes as no surprise, just look at how many claim to not know that it's against the law to use a mobile when driving in THIS country!!

I was wandering around B&Q last weekend and saw a bloke wearing a tee-shirt with the words "Brigade Rossi" and a picture of an AK47 on it. Now I can remember when that would have been illegal in this country but if he turns up at an Italian border post wearing it he'll be on the next flight home!
Even look at less common known rules, such as the fact that you can't take more than 1000 ciggies through France. I wonder how many people travel through the country from Spain with loaded cars not knowing that!!

Of course, i'm no smoking fan, but that's a rule that the French (who look after the French! :duh ) should be told to rip up tomorrow in my view!
You can't wear camouflage clothing in Barbados, not even children. I was told by the hotel reception that my green tie dyed t-shirt could cause me problems even though it wasn't actually camouflage as we know it, so I changed and didn't wear it again. With such an obscure law as this it would help if the TO's put a warning in a prominent place in the brochures I think.
Strange how we complain about people who choose to come and live in this country and do not conform to our standards, yet when we go on holiday we often do exactly the same thing we accuse them of.

Much along the lines that if you shout loud enough someone who does not know English will understand.

Of course when someone is prosecuted for flouting the law we all expect that the government should step in and get them released.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.