Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
"Narf" watching
20 Posts
Rofl :lol: Oh and I do love Pinky and the Brain, pmsl
Haha someone should just tell them socks and sandals are just not good. My two year old said to his grandma whle she was looking afer him "No grandma I don't need socks with my sandals, silly grandma."

Good boy, you keep her on form!!

Love nikki xx
lmao that is so funny. we got to exeter airport on the 14th aug and in walked 2 lads,they must have been about 25 and they had shorts and long white socks pulled half way up their legs,i couldnt help but laugh,we nick named them the sock brigade, we seen them in marmaris and yes they still had the socks on and then on the flight home the socks were still in place,there were 7 of us in total and we didnt need to say a word we just all laughed even the kids lmao
You also get one or two on every flight home who.....after sizzling in the Turkish sun all week perfecting their suntan for all to see when they get home, board the plane back to the U.K. wearing nothing but shorts and a skimpy vest only to be greeted on arrival at Manchester or Gatwick to heavy rain and freezing temperatures.... :oops: and who looks a complete toss pot when they come out of customs ... Were they on your flight??? or just mine.... :lol:
While waiting for our flight to be called, at Newcastle you have a perfect view of people getting off planes.

Down the front steps of a flight coming from Majorca, I counted 72 people wearing white cropped trousers!!!!!! :o

Travelling a white..... yeah, good idea!!!! :shock:
Oi, I wear white cropped trousers when coming home from holiday :shock: Whats wrong with that? They're cool and comfy and I'm shocked that I'm being compared with the sandals and socks brigade. rofl :lol:
One 'narf' spotted in Bitez was wearing a pair of black beach pyjamas, decorated with big pink flowers, and a big black and white striped hat! :D And that was looking in the mirror before I left the room! :oops:
Must have been me then :roll: ( I also wear white crops :oops: )
Lally
I'm worried too, as I was also mentioned earlier :oops: . I'm the one who comes home still in her summer gear, and ends up looking a complete wally at Gatwick, Stan, Luton etc in the pouring rain.

I find this is a particularly effective look (not) on a wintersun holiday that you have come home from in April.

It also works the other way round with me. I am happy to be a 'narf' abroad as well. I went to Florida one November with winter clothes because I just didn't beleive it when people told me it would be hot there :oops: :D :D :D
Iknow - a vest and white crops seem so "right" till you get on the plane :oops:
I wore white crop pants for travelling this year, and they were fine until I dropped my jam sponge pudding (flight-meal) on them :roll: :lol:
Talking of socks/sandals/shorts etc, how cool do we look in our crop pants and flight-socks?!?! What with my jammy trousers and sexy flight socks, I had to wait until everyone on the plane had fell asleep before I made a run for the toilet :lol:
after sizzling in the Turkish sun all week perfecting their suntan for all to see when they get home, board the plane back to the U.K. wearing nothing but shorts and a skimpy vest only to be greeted on arrival at Manchester or Gatwick to heavy rain and freezing temperatures

Ha, that was me last Saturday-but I wasn't bothered, I was expecting it to be cold. I hate spending two weeks on holiday to get a good tan then to cover it up, what's the point in that!? I'm still walking round Southport in my summer clothes! Rofl
P.S. you want to take a listen to the "White Socks" song on the Marmaris Funny Mix 2005 it is also on the 2006 mix!

3MIN3M4
what about celebrity watching ? we seen sarah platt and jason at manchester few weeks ago ,and also in march seen and spoke to robert kilroy silk .well told him and his bodygaurds to bib bib as was trying to get by him late for flight :lol:
us Narfs should turn the tables and do a boring people watch, you know the ones I mean sensible travel in black, no socks with sandals :shock:

All Narfs unite. :lol: :lol:
It's just like seeing a big whale with them funny jeans on and a thong half way up her back {they think they look so sexy when infact it's disgusting}, now her fella must be honest and say it looks a mess but they never tell them do they :lol:

I love the white sox song I play it everyday to my next door neighbour the Train spotter who wears sandals and white sox pulled up as far as his hips :lol:

Tim.
we seen sarah platt and jason at manchester

We saw Tina O'Brian at Manchester a few years ago, she was flying out to Dublin with her Mum to visit family.

3MIN3M4
Saw Steve McDonalds brother Andy (remember him) in Cyprus a few years ago and my mate thought it was Chesney Hawkes!!!
yes i have just returned from majorca and white is definately tthe main colour of choice for the return flight!!! ( not for me i might add, used to do it when travelling with friends many a year ago :lol: ) i agree several people in shorts and more worrying a few wearing shorts on the outward journey ....this is all well and good but we were flying from glasgow and both flights arrived at night so no chance of any sunshine :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.