Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The Sports bar Beach Road Candolim (near Teama) will have it on.Allan.
Gerry, you might struggle to get the Celtic games, but try Sportmans in Calangute. They will probably show the english games though. Better bet might be the Scottish bar down the CSM road in Baga, although it is only a small TV
The Marinha Dourada (and probably others hotels) have Star Sports and Eurosport and I am hoping to pick up the Stuggart v Rangers game on one of those channels, but I am not sure.
Where are you staying Gerry? Maybe your hotel will have Star Sports. That might be your best bet.
Hope Scotland get a fantastic result on Saturday!
Gerrybhoy,
If you go onto Star Sports and ESPN websites you should be able to search for what games are being shown in India.
Hope you don't get disappointed!!
Definitely have to agree with allanmarian the Sports Bar Beach Road Candolim is the best place to watch football, huge screens with waiters to keep you topped up with beer :wink: you cant go wrong, also they tend to have all the big games showing..

Steve
Steve, do you know if the Sports Bar is opened into the wee small hours. The Champions League games wont start til 1.15am Goa time :shock:
Scotland game wont be so much of a problem that will be a 10.30pm KO time in Goa.
PS. Great idea GFF, will have a look on their website :D
There might be a problem with the late games in the Candolim sports bar as it is outside, the police where going around late at night last season telling bar owners to turn music etc.off (any sound through speakers or amps) but Sports bar near to Lacoste & Nizmar should be ok just check it out with the owner in the daytime, I have watched late games there and also in the Log Cabin in Calangute.If you can get a few in and you are spending someone somewhere will oblige. :wink: Allan.
Hiya peeps,

Yes dont worry mate, they will keep the bar open for the champions League games, I watched Besiktas Liverpool in there 5 weeks ago, stummbled out of there at about 3:20 or later.

Big massive screens in there aswell, you will enjoy. .
Sad to say the Scotland game was not shown in India. Never sw Celtic in the Champions League either :(
So i suppose the chances of seeing the Old Firm game on January 2nd are slim! Know anywhere with a decently quick broadband line?
C'mon the Hoops!
So i suppose the chances of seeing the Old Firm game on January 2nd are slim! Know anywhere with a decently quick broadband line?
C'mon the Hoops!

Kenny, tensports are showing the game, but it's not live. Check out their website. Not sure if anywhere in Goa has this channel, but I'll be trying to get it in Mumbai. Failing that, your only choice will be online radio, the broadband speeds in Goa are pretty poor and it will be a waste of time trying to watch online.
Hello where can we catch these games? I don't mean when they play together, i support Bolton and my partner supports Manchester United ( i don't know why as he is also from Bolton - I think he is a glory supporter, but thats another issue)

Am i right in thinking its only the sports bars that show these games?

I know it shouldnt be hard to find the Manchester United games, as most of the shack workers go on about watching United, but most of them havent even heard of Bolton Wanderers, which is a shame.

Thanks

Nicola
Bolton who ???? is that a small Town near Oldham :lol:

Sportsmans in Calangute or Sports bar Candolim, suppose it all depends who Bolton are playing while your there Nicola as they don`t seem to get much coverage unless playing the big teams.
Kenny - 2 other places worth looking at are Ruffles and Bom Successo, both in Candolim not far from the crossroads - normally have boards outside saying whats on for the week - but call in and ask and they may get the game you want to see.
Thats what i though FTV, i think in the past few years i have only seen Bolton play one game, and that was shown only because they were playing a big team.

We beat Manchester United the other week , 1-0 :D 8)
We beat Manchester United the other week , 1-0

Then lost 4-0 to the greatest team on earth in the next game :lol: :sun

I've watched several Liverpool games in bars in the south, if you ask, and they can get the channel, they will show it. Normally watch mine in the 49ers bar in Colva, this is a 24hr bar, so no probs with the time :D
The place down Titos rd usually show games aswell, cant remember the name right now :?:
hi Just back form Goa, if you have a TV in your hotel room then the channels are 3 10 and 20 these show the football live but some are shown at 1am if it is an evening kick off.

you can even watch some of the matches that are played on Saturdays

My partner watched them

Hope this helps
Does anyone know any bars in Calangute/Baga which have Setanta and show live Scottish Premier games.

Sports bar in Candolim mentioned, do they have it?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.