Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Dunk you have just become my very favourite, best friend in the whole wide world :lol: :lol: :lol: heres hoping!
PS. I am not very happy about that 1 goal tho, where did that come from :rofl
Just them being lucky as usual,

p.s Strachan sent to the stand just for good measure
The Sports Bar in Candolim was showing the SPL matches. Just the Champions League match I couldn't see.
Does anyone know any bars in Calangute/Baga which have Setanta and show live Scottish Premier games.

Sports bar in Candolim mentioned, do they have it?

No bars in India have Setanta. Tensports show the games, but not live, usually the week later for some reason.

Oh, and to the lovers of Rancid FC on this thread, CL your having a laugh...
There was a pub at Baga Beach, I think its now called the Pickled Parrot, which was showing a Sentanta game last season, Hibs v Celtic, so if you have a look about maybe you will get to see one, and not a week later. That particular game was on LIVE on the Sunday at 7.30pm (Goa time)
PS. If Rangers had played all the :swear that Celtic played to get to the last 16 then they would have been thru as well.
Benfica now that is a laugh ..........
If Rangers had played all the :swear that Celtic played to get to the last 16 then they would have been thru as well.

what like beating the current European champions at home?, while your mob couldn't even hold out for a measly point at home to a poor Lyon side.

Ah well, good luck in the UEFA cup.

Good to hear that some games are being shown live. Just had a look at the tensports website and they have the game from yesterday on today from 5-7 India time
Yeah UEFA cup is a good cup I believe, well it has been since Celtic got to the final? but maybe its "rubbish" again. Selective memories, same old, same old.
If youre in Goa I hope you can pick up the Celtic v Barcelona game live, cos a better chance of the CL games than the UEFA ones.
I like to see British teams doing well in Europe, whichever cup and whichever team, but senseless name calling of other teams in childish and uncalled for.
lets keep this to where to watch football in Goa please
Couldnt agree more!!!!!
:offtop oop`s sorry just could`nt resist it
My team Everton last night qualified for the last sixteen of the UEFA cup.UEFA in their infinite wisdom have decided to hold the next round of ties while we are in Goa.I have thought of giving them a ring and asking them to reschedule but after deliberation decided they probably would not.

Bearing in mind we are talking about a probable 1.00 A.M. kick off will I be able to see it there.We are staying at HBR.I know the bars will all be shut and am not sure if any of the indian channels have been picking up this competition.

I know it is not the end of the world if I miss it but anyone got any ideas if it will be on anywhere?
Sports Bar - Beach road Candolim
Bom Successo - Candolim
Sports Bar - Calangute (opposite designer shops)
We stayed at the MD over new year and watched Liverpool ;) at the Oceanic beach shack, many of the shacks down that end of Baga beach had big screens and were open at 1.00am. Many of the games were also on the Hotel telly on a sport channel and the commentary was in English.
Debi
The next ties will be played 6th and 20th March.
My team also qualified! :D We are at home first on 6th March so I will be able to buy my own seat and go to the home game but I will hopefully get to see the 2nd leg over in Goa on 20th March.
Could be a late night on 20th!!!!
Hi Papa....i dont have that problem at the moment been a Super Leeds fan...maybe one year in the near future..... :cry
But all the best to Everton in Europe....infact, good luck to them all (except one !!!). :cheers
Will the sports bar on beach road be allowed to stay open that late.I thought there was a crack down on bars opening late?
I think they're showing the games on True Sport; Star Sport; and one of the eastern ESPN channels any one of which you can probably get at the hotel.
Thanks fritz.Nice to watch the game in a lovely warm country knowing you can have a lie in.Tough opposition though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.