General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
"Planning family holidays lead to stressed out parents"

You can say that again :yikes
I hate it when you have sat for hours choosing the perfect Hotel and then you go to book it and is full :bhead

Loulou
see I knew there was a reason I didn't want kids!! :)
Hmmmmm But it wouldnt be a family holiday without the little darlings :)
As much as i complain about sorting EVERTHING out i also love it. Theres nothing like playing with your kids in th pool and building sand castles etc Only 4 days to go and i cant wait. Still got loads to do but hey as i say its worth it in the end :D :roll: :lol: :wink:
I agree, holidays can be stressful.......... especially if you have 2children 9 and 7, miss your flight due to a road traffic accident, have to buy new tickets to fly from a DIFFERENT airport, travel there by train, then have to wait 9 LONG HOURS for your flight............ :shock: :rage ......... sound far fetched? This actually happened to our holiday 3years ago..............
NOW THAT WAS STRESSFUL! :omg :( :wink:
WOW cromwell, that is very stressful
i am glad nothing like that has ever happened to me.

loulou
Hi LouLou. Believe me it was VERY stressful! :?
We were going to Cyprus, and flying from Manchester. Like i said, there was an accident that closed but sides of the motorway-the traffic was
gridlocked. When we eventually got to Manchester Airport, we had to buy4new tickets, at £85 each, which came to £340! I felt like crying, as we had to use our travellers cheques, which were for our spending money. :cry: We then had to travel, by train which took 3hours, to Humberside Airport. We arrived there at 3.30pm, and didnt fly until after midnight that same night. We eventually got to Protaras around 9.00am the next morning. Luckily for us, the accomodation (Marlita Beach) was spot on, and we had a fantastic view of the pool area, beach and sea. I think i would have pulled my hair out if the accomodation had been bad
aswell! :shock: :whoops :(
What a shame Cromwell!! I'd have been well sick (especially with small ones in tow)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.