General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Im glad to hear its not just me then, i run round like a headless chicken a few days before we fly & every one tries to keep out of my way, they cant understand what all the panic is about :rofl
Same here. I almost make myself ill, but it's my own fault. I insist on having a house clean from top to bottom before we go :que I do all the planning and packing because I wouldn''t trust hubby to do it properly. I'm well organized although I get stressed out in the process. Hubby on the other hand is asked to do one or two jobs, which I have to keep reminding him about -but he insists on leaving them till the last minute which makes me worse :duh
i'm the same i spend weeks planning getting everything ready by the time we reach our apartments i'm worn out and have to lie down as i always have a headache, hubby looks at me and says whats wrong we're on holiday and starts getting all giddy it takes me a couple of days before i can relax thats after i've checked the apartment is safe and hopefully a low floor,then i check the swimming pool is safe :que not get me started on the beach i'm a terrible worrier,hubby says its not worth all the stress but after a couple of days i'm fine ;)
Helen, I am not surprised you are stressed out - what with you and Shirley's dilemmas beforehand -
linen clothes, strike action, toe nails, bikini line(!!), mementoes, leaving children at home, sending good wishes to others (which you both do wonderfully), how many holidays, packing, drinking at the airport (many I hope) - I could go on but bet your Husband's think you do too!!! EXACTLY the same as me and mine!!!!
Booked ours today and my Husband is so relieved because he is so fed up with talking about it AND we have decided to go to the same place that we have visited 20+)
If we don't 'speak' again, hope you all have a great time and thanks for all your inputs - you both seem like we could be mates. I will raise a glass to you all on Wednesday.
Suzie xxxxxx
:rofl
Helen, I am not surprised you are stressed out - what with you and Shirley's dilemmas beforehand -

I'll have you know we spend a lot of time thinking about what to post next. Can's stand it if there's nobody on here - then I have no excuse not to clean :D Wednesday can't come quick enough for us now, although we will be having a couple of bevvies Tues evening in our Gatwick hotel - just remembered - I'd better go & look if there's a hairdryer there :rofl Too much to do & not enough time Suzie ;)
I should be cleaning now too, we are off on thrusday and I am tryig to get the house clean and tidy now so I can spenmd the ext few days thinking about packing etc.

I know what you mean about men though, my husband wont even think about doing anything until right at the last minute, then he just empties hs stuff out of his drawers for me to pack and sorts out hs razor and his hair gel!
Helen,

I know where you are coming from, I am exactly the same, its me that does everything from the start.... Booking right through to the packing.......cleaning the house before I go.......got to have a clean house and beds to get back to :tongue

But have a quiet sit down....close your eyes.....take a few deep breaths :shush then you will be ready to carry on with the chaos :rofl

Angie
I know exactly what everyone means, I do exactly the same, even though I know that the house will be a mess within 2 days with the girls being 'home alone', plus I also have to leave explicit instructions on how to operate the washing machine, tumble drier etc, even down to make sure socks are not in a ball when hung out on the line as they will not dry..... :duh Yes I know they should be able to do these things themselves but they don't and I cannot cope with numerous texts whilst I have my head in a book. I stupidly decided to paint the kitchen this week (fed up waiting for it to be done as promised - last year) am now panicking as have run out of masking tape and have not finished the gloss - we leave on Weds. Nels
I know what everybody means, we men are not stupid, act a bit dum and the missus does it all while we sit back and relax. :tup
Never stressy before the holiday.... and I'm the one doing the cleaning and ironing LOL. However very short tempered "on the off" leaving at 05:30 means leaving at bl**dy 05:30 not 06:00 - it means I've got to run faster to the airport or channel tunnel than I would prefer. :que

Course it's my fault if I've not packed something the boyz need. Grief woman - there's shops there... :rofl
Oh Helen. I so much know what you mean. The week before we were due to go to Spain, I altered my work about so I could have the day off before we flew to make life easier etc DH says Oh, did I mention I have to go to Germany for two days for work just before we are to fly out to Spain. :banghead:

I tell you if it had been the same airport I would have told him to just stay there, go in a Pub and wait for us while I did all the work !

LOL at Mike. I suspect there could be a bit of truth in that. :rofl
I just do my own packing and everyone else does there own as well this
really saves on arguments about who forgot what
:wave:
I am a bear before leaving and during the travelling to our holiday. I hate travelling and don't 'travel' well and always end up with a blinding headache. I think the headache is caused by the stress of packing the cases and cleaning the house and trying to keep up to date with the washing and ironing etc. Going to Florida this year so mega headache in store no doubt.
Well it's the evening before we go and I am quite calm - so far. I'm having a little glass of amaretto on the rocks and chilling. I'll probably find it really hard to drop off to sleep tonight though and will probably wake on and off throughout the night :duh
Helen Im exactly the same!

Looking forward to holiday but getting stressed at making sure everything is "just so" :wave:

Ive promised myself this year will be different and I wont turn into Medusa at my husband the day before like I usually do...........well either Medusa or a Tasmanian Devil............ :really

Usually its the day before but as soon as I close the door to my house to go to the airport it magically vanishes and I go into "holiday mode"
I get stressed by packing my husband's case. I don't like it. I hate it!!!!!! I always worry that I will forget something. But, no matter what I do, I can't get him to pack his case!!! He would go naked if I let him.
We always do our own - we don't speak much until we have a coffe break then we get on with it again - always in different rooms because my Husband gets fed up with me putting just a teeny (!) bit of mine into his case when he is not looking!!!
Once we have done that, we sit down together and have celebrationary drink! Sounds so simple?

But.......... I am still stressed out because I worry so much about the cases being too heavy (we have got the spring scales with a hook but once my case was so heavy it sprung off, with the spring nearly hitting him in the eye which could have been dangerous as he was driving to the airport!!!)

I promise myself that next time I will cut down and I think I do - until I weigh them.

Exactly the same on our return - We don't buy anything from the shops to bring home, booze etc.
Can't pinch the towels or bathrobes due to the excess weight (Joke!)

Next time we go away, I have paid for 28k each - so none of that stress!!!!!!!
(but I am sure that I will think of something else to worry about)
I fly out on sunday morning, I have not packed till this friday and saturday, and I also have baggage allowance of 20kilos I panic if I am over so this year got some baggage scales. toilitries go in my boyfriends case, as I take far too much clothes shoes etc, but if I am over 20 kilos out comes some bits, wish we were allowed 25 kilos never been over that in the last few years, I have even paid for the 20 kilos with bmi, as my allowance would of been 15!! (rubbish) we will have a drink saturday night, with a takaway. bed, and up at 2am, I will be stressing regardless of knowing what my weight is as I am sure the airport scales are fiddled with... once there gone the stress has gone til we land at malaga, and then stressed again hoping and praying that the cases come round the belt. once we have them then I am fine...cannot wait but I am in work mode at the mo, as frantically looking for another job, as I am going into consultation in my current role, so threat of redundancy is upon me by the 28/09, so actually this has come at the worst time, I am sure my boss has done this on purpose as he knows I am off on my hols....anyway when thursday my last day in work, I am sure I will be in holiday mode, ironing, cleaning up etc... need that hot weather and that lovely spanish atmosphere.... :sun2 :cheers
Kazza - not a nice time to be going away. We all like to think our employers can't do without us but it is out of our hands, especially when we are on holiday.

Just go and enjoy it - just think, next week this time you will be in the sunshine on the Costa del Sol. Which resort?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.