Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
You'd end up being self catering if you went to the Pelicanos so choose the Ruidor.
The Ruidor for me as well , the food in the Pelicanos is grim.
My parents stay at the Ruidor 3 times a year and love it.Stayed in the pelicanos myself and thought the food was ok, can't beat it for the for the pool though :sun2
I've not stayed at either but would definitely plump for the Riudor too!

Best Regards - Taggy
If you take the pool away from the Pelicanos/ocas no one would stop there. That`s the answer to the question.
OOOPs

I was too late and missed the Riudor all full, I have now booked the Pelicanos.
Hope I have not made a big mistake.
If anyone is speaking from recent personal experience of staying at the Pelicanos, perhaps you could take time to update our reviews page for the hotel:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-blanca/benidorm/sol-pelicanos-ocas-hotel/

Many thanks
David :wave
I stayed at the Sol Pelicanos / Ocas in May and it was fine. Really clean hotel, great pool & the food was typical for a 3*, definately wouldn't describe it as grim. A bit repetitive and not a huge choice but it wasn't grim, certainly not Haute Cuisine but acceptable and no Spanish tummy either. Enjoy your hols :sun2
Well if you need an "Upgrade" on the Food Front...John & Josephs is quite close!! :rofl

Seriously though....i wouldn't worry to much, i think most hotel food is pretty decent in general these days, compared to how things were in say the early 70's. I cant really say ive had atrocious food anywhere hotel wise in Beni really. Yes it can get a bit repetitive, and perhaps because its buffet style, its not always as hot as you would prefer it, but theres usually something that you can find thats ok at every meal time. Plus the prices for eating out in Beni, can be very cheap, so you will perhaps like to eat out on a couple of occasions too, to break up the monotony! The Pelicanos does remain a popular hotel, its in a great location, and a good pool...you wont find a better pool in Beni, so there are positives for staying here....i guess its a case of looking on the bright side of things!

Mariano's is very close to you too...for some lovely Chicken!

I'm sure you will have a good holiday!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy, staying at the Pelicanos was the reason I discovered Marianos. :rofl
Yeah i'm just trying to balance things out for the original poster. A lot of things with regards Hotels are very subjective, plus things can indeed change quite substantially from when someone last stayed at the Hotel. I've noticed that in the main, the Pelicanos does get good reviews, its about 47th out of over 200 on Tripadvisor, based on a large number of reviews. Quite often people only post reviews when they've something negative to say, so based on what the majority have been saying, it seems a decent enough hotel in which to have a holiday. Personally it would be to large a Hotel, and too British orientated for my tastes, but my tastes arn't everyones, so i can understand why some people would like to give this hotel a try.

Guess you've got to take comments on board, read between the lines, and come to your own decision as to whether any particular hotel seems like it might be suitable for your needs. I read quite a number of negative comments about the Mont Park, before i made a considered judgement, and decided to stay there. I really enjoyed it, and will be staying there again in Sept.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy the pelicanos is a mixed nationality hotel, also in the new Thomson brochure the food in the pelicanos was rated at 54% out of 100% by guests who stopped there last season.
Yeah i know its mixed Nationality Smoggy, as are most in Beni because its a Holiday Resort, however there's more British stay there on average, than the Hotels i usually try to stay in these days, i prefer the more Spanish orientated hotels, which is one way that i've managed to avoid a lot of the Stag and Hen crowd! As i say with regards to reviews, most reviewers by and large, tend to make more of a point of highlighting their negative thoughts rather than positive ones...its human nature, or maybe British inclination perhaps. Even if you take Thomsons low food score, that still means more than half rate the food as ok...and its not just Thomsons who have visitors here. Plus thats only one aspect of folks reasons for staying there....as i say, you have to balance everything out and decide whats best for yourself!

Best Regards - Taggy
pelicanos for pool, but thats about it, really disappointed with this hotels food & rooms, if they could sort that out it would be full every week with happy people, as it stands its full alright, but not with happy people?
I've just stayed at the Pelicanos but we were only room only so can't comment on the food at the moment. It was fine last time but that was 3 years ago so obviously, things change. The rooms are clean and comfortable but not flash.. Of course the pool is the main plus point about this hotel but the swim up bar area is currently closed as they are filming the new Benidorm series.
The drinks are quite expensive.. I paid 2.20 for half a strongbow cider at the pool bar and 4.20 for a local peach snapps and lemonade but they have a happy hour everyday from 5-6pm.. The food at the snack bar is very reasonable and all cooked fresh to order.
The location is great and although it's pretty central, you don't get the noise like you do at other places so you get a good nights sleep.

I can't comment about the Riudor as I haven't stayed there but I would imagine with it been a Med Playa hotel then the standards should be pretty good and again the location is good.

Sue :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.