Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi BBB, I have been to the Riudor a couple of times, but never been to the Orange.The Riudor is a very friendly hotel and even though it is right in the heart of clubland, it's very quiet. I have heard however that the Orange can be very noisy, but this may not bother you too much. The food in the Riudor is mainly to British tastes as there is mostly Brits in it. I hope this helps until someone who has been to both answers you.
Hiya BBB.
Not stayed in either hotels, but did do some filming of the Orange for another member.
It's been refurbished and looks very nice, it is (as I'm sure you already know,) situated next/on to the "square" and this could cause noise problems.
Maybe, someone who has stayed there will be more forthcoming with a view and whether walking through the "square" during the evenings has any disadvantages.

The Riudor I have been inside on many occasions....When staying in the Dalmatas, we sometimes take a walk after dinner, calling in for a drink in the Vina del Mar cafe and then just around the corner, pop in the Ruidor.

The Riudor is the Regente in another location....it is a Thomson only hotel and completely caters for British guests, everything inside is like the Regente, even the decor....the Orange is an international hotel; and therefore, I should image will cater for all Nationalities.

The Hotel Orange has adopted a no smoking policy, the Hotel Riudor allows smoking in a designated area just off from the main concert room, but still part of the concert room and having no disadvantage to see the nightly performers....this may not be of interest to you, but being a smoker :oops: it would affect my decision.

The artists are the same ones, who alternate between the Riudor and the Regente.
Having looked at the Hotel Orange entertainment board, their kind of entertainment was completely different in nature ...to the Riudor.
Again, this may not be of any interest to you, especially if you are not planning on staying in the hotel during the evenings, but, it is just another option that one night you may decide to stop in the Riudor and watch the artists in this very friendly hotel.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/8073196344872956/hotel_orange/

HTH's

Sanji x
I stayed in the Orange last June and have booked again for this June. Once the balcony doors are closed you can't hear any noise from the square and the air conditioning is fantastic and quiet. My only complaint would be the interior walls are a bit thin, we had a bloke in the room next to us with a terrible cough which woke us up a few mornings, but most hotels the walls are thin.
The food is excellent with loads of choice available at every meal. There is even an ice cream machine.
I can't comment on the entertainment as we never stayed in to see any.
You can avoid walking through the major part of the square at night so I wouldn't let that put you off staying there with children. However when we stayed there last June I didn't see any children in the hotel apart from one baby.
We already have individual threads for Hotel Orange and Hotel Riudor, and this may develop into a duplicate of each of those. But I think what BBB is hoping for in this combined thread is feedback, opinions and comparisons from holidaymakers who have stayed at both hotels.

David :wave
:D Hi! Thanks serena, sanji, and fuzzy.

Just got back from our local thomson's in town (what a hassle, - long story, - I'll try to keeo it short and sweet, so I dont get my wrists slapped :lol:) . Got a price online from thomsons, (£120 guarantted off all hols over £600 - until midnight monday), plus I entered a £50 on line promotional code too, which brought the holiday cost to £720 2 adults half board - high season school hols). Took the quote down (As I always do, and they have always price matched it!) Well today...I didn't see any old members of staff I usually deal with, (Don't know where they have all gone :cry: )!!, the girl I spoke to was adament that I could only have the holiday at price at £770 (Less the £50 prom code),.after a bit of a discussion, with me pointing out that they had honoured the price before (Including the prom code) - and her checking the computer for my holiday details out for October, only then did she grumble she would do it for that price (Even though there were small posters all over the shop, advertising that they would not be beaten on price etc...), I also overheard her talking to a colleague saying "There's no way we can do it for that price, she'd be getting a 18-19% discount". Anyway rant over - but next time I will just book it there and then online!

After reading replies I decided on the Orange, as it'll be just the 2 of us (our 12 yr had a choice of coming with us, or going to haven, with another family member, - he chose to go to haven, he doesn't like flying at all!),so we're not too much bothered about the noise, as we stay out quite late, the smoking issue doesnt bother us at all, as we never stay in the hotel for evening entertainment (As long as we're ok to smoke on balcony - we'll be happy), I also prefer to stay at a hotel which is of mixed nationalities,(See enough brits at home - no offence meant :lol: ).
Plus sanji said it was similar to the regente, we're staying at the regente in October (So would like somewhere a bit different)!

Thanks very much for your replies, and sorry if I have ranted!! :lol:

Have a nice weekend, BBB.
hi you wont be disapointed in hotel orange went in september last year and just booked again for 25 th sept food is excellent best hotel we have been in and been in quite a lot usually like trying a different hotel but will only go to orange from now on i have some photos we had took if you want to send me your email i will send them to you as dont know how to upload them if anyone can tell me will put some on as got around 70 photos we took in benidorm last year have a great holiday :smokin
i have some photos we had took if you want to send me your email i will send them to you as dont know how to upload them if anyone can tell me will put some on as got around 70 photos we took in benidorm last year have a great holiday

Dermott....have a look at this link...it may help you to upload your pictures, although I don't think allmen would like 70 :rofl
Try uploading one at at time, until you get the hang of it. :wink:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=91177

Pity that the person who I helped didn't have the manners to say if they had succeeded or a simple thanks. :roll:

Sanji x
thanks sanji uploaded 1 will do a few more later you do a great job on here loved the videos of three kings
Thanks Dermott, glad to be of help.
loved the videos of three kings

Me too, :wink:

Sanji x
:D Hi dermott, thanks very much, very kind of you to offer, again thanks , will pm you.

Regards, BBB
:D Hi Dermott, have tried sending you 2 PM's now. Just realised tonight when trying to send another pm that my sent box is 100% full, so messages I have been sending out, haven't been delivered! I wondered why I was not getting any replies to my PM's :oops:

What a dope :?

Will try again now (Fingers crossed, this time)

Regards, BBB
:rofl oh good I thought it were summert i said BBB,

Danny 8)
Hi BBB ... if you are sending PMs when your Sentbox is already full, the oldest messages in your Sentbox should automatically be deleted to make way for the new ones. The fact the Sentbox is full would not prevent you from sending messages. If any messages are still in your Outbox, it is most likely because the recipient has not been online to pick them up.

:D Hi David, when I checked my inbox, the messages were not there, I got no message saying "Unable to send", or anything like that, (usually the message is there, with a sun at the side?), so I know the recipient has not read it, I have also replied to danny's message tonight, and it appears he has not received it either, but I did notice it said box was 100% full.

Also I have tried to reply to sun worshiper in the tenerife forumn about 15 mins ago,(This was not by PM) and I got a message saying "No specific subject" (Or something on those lines). Don't know what I'm doing wrong :hmmm . Never had this problem before :oops:

Anyway off to bed now, my brains frazzled, will try to puzzle it out tommorow.

Regards, BBB
:D At least I managed to post that one ok! :D

David - feel free to move my last couple of posts to relevant forumn, but would you keep the message there to Dermott- as I dont want him to thing I'm ignorant! Danny will try and PM you (Again) tommorow.

Thanks David!
Okay BBB, if you are still having problems tomorrow, please post in Help & Assistance for some expert advice :wink:

I got a message saying "No specific subject" (Or something on those lines). Don't know what I'm doing wrong . Never had this problem before

Hi B.B.B. Just a thought but did you remember to put a subject in the box? If you only put the recipients name and not a subject then it doesn't send. This has happened to me before.

Sue :)
:D Hi sue, thanks for that! _ You hit the nail right on head there!

Tried again to send two messages, and - nothing!!

Read your message - tried again - and presto!

Thanks for that sue!

:oops: An Embarrassed BBB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.