Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi, try http://www.algarvegetaways.com i have used them and Barbara does a great job. Send her an e-mail she may have some availability. Hope you find somewhere,

bamburghsue.
Thanks for your replies. I have tried all the holiday rental websites and probably 50 others too! I did also contact Barbara some time back and although very helpful unfortunately she didn't have anything suitable.
Hi,

Have you tried Late Getaway?

Hope you do manage to get something for this year, but apartments such as you describe are likely to be booked up as much as a year in advance for the school Summer holidays.

:gluck
Thanks Roseweb - Unfortunately nothing on there for our dates, but I will check regularly.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any local rental agents in either Albufeira or Vilamoura that we could try!
Hi

We have booked for the same dates as you, and did it DIY. We booked at to Soldoiro apartments in Albufeira, as it was the exact location we wanted (opposite beach, near to bars and restaurants). I found them on loads of sites, but contacted them direct and bartered with them! They do 2 beds (we booked one of those) and I think they all overlook the pool/beach.

Why not just look on some travel sites (thomas cook etc), decide where you want to go, then contact the apartments direct?
Hi, We have used and can recommend http://www.villamania.pt. Kellie who is the managing agent is wonderful and will answer any questions you have.

Don't know if there is something that is suitable but we have just returned from Portugal and found the apartment we had wonderful.

Hope you get sorted.

Let us know how you get on.

Gail
Thanks - I will look up the Soldoiro Apts as I don't think I've come across them before and believe me I've looked on all the holiday hotel and rental websites. I have already contacted Villamania too, after seeing an apartment of their's on Ebay, but unfortunately they don't have anything suitable.

I shall keep looking.....
Have you tried http://www.vilapetra.com 4 star accommodation just off the top of the strip, but far enough away from the noise.
No, I haven't but have just taken a look at the website and will email to check availability - thank you!
Jan have a look on tripadvisor for vila petra there are some other websites what cover it for booking which may be cheaper than booking direct, if they have your weeks vacant.
I can find 1 bed apartments at Vila Petra for around £1700, but no 2 beds!
so have they not got availability for 2 bed apartments.? Another one I have just thought of is the Olympus apartments & Hotel in Vilamoura they are 4 star , situated one road back from the marina next door to the Vila Gale Marina Hotel, you would have to do a search for these as I dont know any direct booking agents.
The Olympus was full last week when I enquired. As its now quite late I think we're going to have to rely on a private rental, which is fine its just finding what you want in the right location!
Boa Sorte, hope you get fixed up. Parque de Corcovada isnt too far from the strip, brand new complex situated at the Globe/World roundabout. Just done a search and come up with http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/parque-da-corcovada/s/11872/fa/find.squery , seems there is at least 2 options open for your dates of a 3 bed penthouse apartment available at a really good price per week for height of season on page one & a 2 bed apartment on page 3.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.