Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
We had a trip to a rather large sand dune one evening a few miles from Erfoud to see the sunset, magic. A torch is a very good idea if you see the sunset as the minute the sunsets and you have a walk it gets dark. we walked but some of our party had a camel ride and there were alot of moaning about how uncomfortable it was, especially the ones that went two up. We went end of May and expected it to get cold as it got dark but it didn't. If you are there as it gets dark do stop and look at the stars, great experience.To get to where we were going we had a four wheel drive trip for 45 minutes and that was good as we saw several mirages. My wife said take a scarf for the times the sand is blowing towards you to cover your face, if it is good enough for the locals! Very memorable
Thanks for that, Shrimper. I was expecting it to get cold at night - sounds like I won't need a wooly jumper then! :rofl
Good idea about the scarf!

Looking up at the stars is one of the things that makes me want to go. Can't wait now.
I always have wet wipes with me but hadn't thought of toilet roll! Trying to make sure I have everything I need without doing my ususal trick of taking everything including the kitchen sink!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.