Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Yes its a pity its early November or I would have suggested Thailand/Malaysia as these are easy places to travel around in and good value..they even have low-cost carriers in this part of the world. Could you make the break later in November by which time the weather maybe starting to pickup.

We usually do three weeks out that way and costs inc flights and hotels (3 to 5star) rarely creep above the £1000 mark each
We could probably leave say mid November so do end of November and first week of December, but that's probably the latest. Is the weather likely to be getting any better by then, say in Koh Samui. I know Bangkok and the north are ok.

Do you generally do it yourself or book through an operator?

November seemed like such a good idea until I started my research!

Thanks
We went to western Malaysia last November and had great weather - a few heavy showers in KL and Singapore but mainly in the late afternoon and evening. Two nights in Kuala Lumpur, flight to Pangkor for 5 nights (very small island and not much to see), taxi to Penang (large island plenty to see) 5 for night stay, flight to Singapore 3 nights there, flew home via KL. Less than £1000 each. We booked this through Kuoni who I recommend highly. We went on a suggested tour, but you can mix and match destinations, hotels and flights as much as you want. Food is very cheap.
I tend to mix and match on my bookings. Sometimes a tour operator may have access to better deals on accomodation and flights as a package to the Far East than I can get via the net. However I often stay at properties and destinations not featured by UK operators so book via the web. I've not yet used the SE Asian low-cost carriers yet so can't comment on how good they are, only that are available. Another area you might wish to consider is Borneo - maybe as part of a break to Malaysia.
What about Goa? I've heard it's supposed to be nice that time of year. And it's very cheap to eat out.
Yep, consider giving Goa a try. There is regular HTers gathering at the Lazy Days bar in Baga once the season kicks in. So as well as having a great holiday you'll be able to meet some of us off here as well.
Check it out the Goa forum :)

Sharon
The weather is wonderful in October/November in Dubai, for the budget you mentioned you will get a very good quality hotel, Id definitely consider it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.