General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Jay Trip,

That sounds a little over the top to me. They're the skin experts so you have to listen to them, but if that's the case, we'd all better stay inside for this BBQ summer the Met Office keeps telling us about!

Darren
I thought it was actually good for your skin to have a little sun exposure (with good SPF of course). My neighbour has had some moles removed and her doctor has told her it is okay, and even beneficial, for her to spend a little time in the sun as long as she wears good suncream; apparently she was told it's best to sit in the shade of a leafy tree rather than under an umbrella.
I have been to Turkey many many times over the last 20 years and have never had a Turkish bath because of the moles on my back.
I was told today that a Turkish bath is very good for this as it stops new moles forming. :que
I am now looking for a holiday in June and may have to change my plans for a holiday in Austria for a one in Turkey. :rofl
I only ever use a factor 15 as I am quite dark. I use high factor on my girls though and they have UV suits too. I don't know what a dermatologist would say about my husband, he never used any suncream until a few years ago even though he lived in Turkey all his life, I don't think any Turkish people do, not even on their children. Maybe they are more used to the sun though.
A Scottish lady I used to sit beside on the beach used 2 factor oil from the local shop!
I never exposed my back to the sun and when we went out of the hotel I always wore a T shirt with a high back.
I always use a high factor as it saves me having to reapply it every hour or so but I wasnt prepared for a telling off. :rofl
I have been in the garden today topping up my tan. :sun2
lucky you - the only thing I'd have caught sitting outside today would have been a cold :D
Ive got eczema and the sun works wonders on my skin so I tend to take advantage of the warmer weather. Im lucky that I have skin that tans rather than burns but I do use a high factor (factor 30-50) on my shoulders and the tops of my feet (as these are the areas where I do tend to burn). I only use a factor 15 everywhere else (but i wouldnt go lower than 15).

I admit to being terrible at applying suncream in this country though and only apply it if I know I will be sat in the sun, and then only on my shoulders and feet. If im just wandering around on the school run or shops etc, I wont bother. Having said that, I wouldnt dream of letting my daughter out of the front door without at least factor 40 or higher (in this country or abroad) and even though she is only 5, she is very sun aware.

Sarah :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.