General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
thanks Frank :D
I always love the American X Factor or Idol. Everytime the series is on I want to go back to New Orleans or Memphis for the music. :)
Thanks for those Frank they were brilliant. I don't usually watch USA X Factor but may do now :tup
:tup Its so much better than the British version. :D I think that's why I am finding the UK contestants so bland.
Ah but do they have a Wagner or a Rylan :rofl
Well Boot Camp day one is over and they have whittled them down to 60. This week they decide on 24 acts to go to the judges houses. There are 4 categories:- the over 25s, the groups, the young adults and the teenagers. Last nights show decided on the final 24 and then began auditioning at the judges houses.
Will either or both of the rival Divas C C Frey and Paige Thomas make it to judges houses? Will some of the rejects be put together to form a group? Will the two country singers make it? Did 13 year old Carly Rose Sonenclar or Diamond White get through?
Those who watched last nights airing will know the answer.
The judges houses continues tonight , who is mentoring the groups ? Does L A get a category he hates? Such drama. Now is the time to choose your favourites from the last 24.
The good news is there is no Rylan type act to throw a spanner in the works.
so far so good. They won't put in a Rylan as there were campaigns on Idol to get previous ones to win. Simon can't afford that to happen. :)
I enjoyed both shows at the judges houses, some tough decisions to be made. I thought a couple of the put together groups were good, the Trio with the girl who has the eyepatch and the all girl group. I love watching LA when he gets into a song!!!
all of my favourites got through :) Best category for me is the over 25s but all of them have potential winners. It should be good :D
I agree Fiona there's a potential winner in each category loads of talent. Can't say who my favourite is at the moment but I do think that they make most of our lot this year sound like a bunch of average karaoke singers!
:cry
I can't believe I didn't like the first live show. The song choices were rubbish and I don't know why they let Friedman anywhere near the show as his ideas for backing dancers just cheapen the whole thing. As for the hosts, the reality tv one is all out for her own publicity( and I do mean literally). Mind you- Cowell should think of getting her to host the UK version- it would up the viewing figures :rofl
I didn't enjoy the first live show either. Terrible song choices by all of them.Didn't like the hosts either,is she a Kardashian?
yes she is.
Let's hope the next shows are a big improvement. Its almost a sin to lumber brilliant singers with abysmal song choices.
And the music almost drowned them as well. Infact- is it a case of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?
I thought the song choices were poor too and the contestants didn't live up to my expectations with perhaps the exception of Paige. I hope it gets better!!
Thank goodness! So much better this week. Like the fact they showed the order of the top 12. Wont say incase anyone has recorded it - but I did agree with bottom 2.
I am also glad I taped it - the ad breaks seem to go on for ever, so a 3 hour programme( well it was a double one tonight) lasts 2 at the most
Just watched it on catch up and agree it was better this week. I was quite surprised at the top 3, will be interesting to see if they remain the same each week and if song choice does make a difference.
bit of a shocker tonight with the results
Loved seeing Josh again- what a brilliant singer :)
I thought they were all so good it was hard to choose between them. I see there was only 0.1% of the votes between first and second placings. It was a double elimination and I was surprised who went home first and surprised who was in the sing off to decide the second act to leave. Based on the sing off alone, I think the wrong act went home from that.
I am pleased that Cece was knocked out this week I think that she should have been away well before some of the earlier eliminations.

I don't have a particular favourite any of the remaining contestants could win it for me but I do think that Carly Rose has a fantastic voice for one so young.
I feel the same. All the remaining ones are good and can win but Carly has a stunning voice :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.