General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I got them on a free download site for my Kindle about 3 weeks ago. The first has been transferred to my device but it's still there unread.

I've got to work my way to the end of my current Jack Reach novel and after that I've promised to do a review of "250 Things to Do in Cyprus on a Sunny Day" which was sent to me by a contact from my blog. (I read and put my reviews on MyGoodreads account). Link to the book on Amazon is here in case anyone may want to take a peep inside. Think it's £3.90 for the Kindle version: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008GG3TW6/ref=docs-os-doi_0

After that, well it looks like I will be getting myself into "Egypt mode" so will be starting on the next of my Amelia Peabody novels with her trips up the Nile on a dahabeeyah in a "whodunnit" style. She's a female Indiana Jones type heroine set from 1840's onwards. Love 'em to bits as she has habits of beating would be theives and murderers off with her "sturdy parasol". Written by Elizabeth Peters for anyone who hasn't yet read them.....

So Fifty Shades will have to wait a while methinks....

And for anyone who ever visits Twitter, the posts on this account will give you a giggle if you know what "Fifty Shades" is all about: http://twitter.com/50ShedsofGrey
I was oohing and umming at a kindle today, that would be ideal for my travels, and I've seen a couple of kindle books that seem good, maybe next week I shall treat myself.
I think they are brilliant Tarry, wouldn't be without mine now :tup
yes, a lot of people who have one say that too. You run out of a space for paperback books especially ones you want to keep.
I got the 3G wi-fi Kindle and was able to download some free books in seconds, from my bed in Malta :tup
I can count on one hand how many paperbacks I've read since I treated myself to a Kindle reader.
I've had it since just after Easter 2011.

But, will be resorting to my Amelia Peabody's when on my Nile cruise in a few weeks so it will be back to the paperbacks then. Me and hubby are working our way through the collection.
Will think about treating myself before my holiday ;)
Well after reading approx 140 pages of 50 Shades of Grey last week in Symi - and approx 14 'bite my lip' I was ending up just COUNTING when the next 'bite my lip' bit came up next! :duh

Afraid I ditched it and started on The Backpacker by John Harris ' like The Beach , but this one is true'.... and found it a FAR far better read! Sorry Mr Grey - you're not for me :rofl
Betty Boop wrote:
Sorry Mr Grey - you're not for me :rofl

Betty,
He is a she ;)

Erika Leonard, better known by the pseudonym E. L. James
I take it that you're not into BDSM then ? :rofl
Sanji
I take it that you're not into BDSM then

The driving school? must be a book on the Highway Code ;)
Sanji wrote:
Betty Boop wrote:
Sorry Mr Grey - you're not for me :rofl

Betty,
He is a she ;)

Erika Leonard, better known by the pseudonym E. L. James
I take it that you're not into BDSM then ? :rofl
Sanji

But Christian Grey (Mr. Grey) is the main male character in the book, isn't he the person Betty is referring to not the author.
Hey Belly, you took the words out of my mouth!! I too am ready to just bin the book - rubbish :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.