Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Why don't you check out our review section HERE

I have stayed at the Barcelo and found it a lovely hotel. Food was very good as was the entertainment.

Kath HT Admin
Re the barcelo, I have got a price from them, works out 1052 euros for two of us half board for a week. Do you think this is about right. I felt it was quite expensive?
It's not a particularly cheap hotel Sun Worshipper.

Have you tried pricing a package holiday to the same place to see how it compares after you deduct your flight ?

Kath HT Admin
The packages are 750 plus to barcelo. Some of the tour operators are looking for over 500euro per person for a package to a 2 star hotel.

It all goes back to the Easter hols price hike. The best value I can get with flights is to go via Madrid! From my research if I fly direct from Dublin to any of the canaries for a week during the 2 week Easter rush its over 165 each way! Flight only with the tour operators is also scandalously priced. 349-450e return. Its very irritating. Not enough competition in Ireland. :cry: :shock:
Oh dear Sun Worshipper.

Have you come up with any other hotels in PDI, that might be a litle cheaper for you ?

Kath x
Sun worshipper

The Barcello is fantastic. Great hotel and apts set in landscaped gardens. See my report in the hotel reviews.

If half board is a bit expensive why don't you check how much an apt will cost self catering. They are available through First Choice. You can then pay for the half board option at reception when you arrive. I think you'll find this will be a lot cheaper. The apts are a lot more spacious than the hotel rooms and you have the added advantage of being able to pop the kettle on when you want.

We went last Aug and have booked already for this August.

If you want any more info PM me.

Regards & Happy New Year
John
Still no nearer to a decision. Will let you know when I finally sort out something. Would the weather be nice at Easter?
Thanks everyone for all your help. Have been thinknig hard about this one and have decided that I will probably change my dates to 17 th march time , as we get some time off for patricks day :D and it will save me big time on the cash situation without the easter rush.. so prety happy with my new plan. Working on sorting something out for then.. Cant believe I didnt think of this sooner javascript:emoticon (':roll:')
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.