Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Dave, personally if it was me I wouldn't pay any attention to it, you will either like your hotel or not, no opinions real or ficticious will make any difference at all, my advice is to completely disregard such twaddle (good word twaddle must use it more often) bin your brochure and just look forward to your holiday.

Caw for now
Sliema2
Only 75% for the Preluna location! My Mum has just stayed there because of the location, no doubt she will be staying there next time she is over.
On the subject of Thomson, Mum was considering using them only because they offered flights from Doncaster, she hates the 40 mile taxi ride from her house in Lincoln to East Midlands airport and thought Doncaster might be a bit closer for her. Chevron who she usually books with do not offer Doncaster flights, but Thomson do. After adding the seaview room supplement the same half board holiday on the same date was £200 more expensive with Thomson than Chevron, the only difference being a Doncaster rather than East Midlands flight .....and oh yes, Thomson also would have charged extra for the in-flight meal. Needless to say she once again travelled with Chevron.
My sister did travel with Thomson last August, they offered good discounts for kids under 16 so it worked the cheapest for her, but she had "the holiday rep from hell" on the airport transfer coach. After giving the usual welcome to Malta speach including the essential "if you get homesick there's Marks & Spencers here" (how many times have I heard reps saying this, who writes their script?) :bhead
she suggested booking a few sightseeing tours through her because they offered the best value :hmmm and she did not recieve any commission from them :rofl (first time I have heard that!) Then she said that Malta was a dump, she would rather be back in Sheffield, but she had a very good reason for being here. After reading a hotel review that someone posted on this site about the Panorama in Mellieha for September 2005 stating their Thomson rep said it was unsafe for two girls aged 18 & 19 to leave their hotel, I wonder if it is the same rep.

Are Thomson trying to pull the wool over the eyes of people who have never been to Malta,

Quite right Sliema2 - Twaddle
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.