Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Claire

That is a fantastic report

Thank you
Biff
Great report,we are staying in Garda next week and your report will be usefull,thanks
Thank you.

Another little tip if you are going to go to the top of Monte balde - again they do not accept credit cards as payment, you need hard euros! also if hiring a car booking in advance on the internet was the cheapest - Avis worked out the best for 3 days hire. The Avis desk is within the Tourist Information office on Via Don Carlo Gnocchi (the same road that the Royal and Suite Hotels are on), and if you want to use the internet whilst away then there is an internet cafe just up the road from the Tourist Information office - just remember to take some identification - passport or driving licence as its needed under Italian law to use the internet in a cafe!
Also the el Graspo restaurant is on is the corner of Via Don Carlo Gnocchi and Corso Italia - just under the underpass to the left!

sorry - a few extra tips that my other half has just reminded me I missed off the original report!

hope you have a great holiday.

Claire
Did you find the boat trips expensive ?
we didnt do boat trips as such. I think some other resorts on the lake did have them, but at Garda it seemed to be just to pay depending on how far you were going. For example we paid 2 euros single from Garda to Bardolino. Garda to Peschiera and return was approx 14 euros return. There is a scaled charge depending on how far across the lake you go.
Excellent report! You fairly managed to see a great deal. We have done all of your trip and it was great.
Monte Balso was a highlight for me, this was in May when all the Spring flowers were on the mountain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.