Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Sue ... they were in the final stages of construction when I saw them last year, a sales office and showflat was open but I didn't go in. Externally, the front of the building looks very nice with all apartments facing towards the sea. Some of the lower floors may have had restricted views due to palm trees and promenade buildings. The building itself sits well back from the promenade and is almost on Avenida Mediterraneo. But from what I remember, there were no rear facing windows on to the main road, all windows and balconies faced to the front. Not very attractive for those living behind it on Avenida Mediterraneo who have to look on to a massive multi-storey concrete wall, but that wouldn't concern residents at the Acintur. Despite the seafront description, it would be a fairly noisy location because of the late night bars/clubs just at that section of the Levante promenade, as well as traffic noise from Avenida Mediterraneo. But I wouldn't describe it as any noisier than complexes around Calle Gerona or the Rincon. It's at the Old Town end of Avda Mediterraneo, just at Plaza de la Hispanidad/Plaza Triangular.

David :wave
Hiya David.
I'm getting a little confused because I thought these apartment were on a side road between the levante promenade and the Avda Mediterraneo in the area you describe and only a selected few would have a sea view because they are not built facing the sea.
If we are talking about the same apartments and I think we are because of the blue glass balconies then they were up and running in April of this year ....and like you say, they look very nice.

Sanji
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-07-04 09:36:57
Hi Sanji, I'm confused too as I didn't think that they were where David said they were either.
Here is a p.m. that I have just sent him. I don't think that you and I thinking of the same location either though because they do have a sea view, you can see that in the photos, they seem to be right on the front line to me.

Hi David, I'm a bit confused now about the location of the Acintur apartments. as far as I can tell, They aren't as far down as the plaza triangular but I could be wrong.

If you were facing the front of them then they look as though they are to the right of Calle Esperanto which is where my late father used to live which is before the triangle.

I have put a link on to the map, if you put the cursor on the square, it brings it up. Please let me know if you agree or if I've got my bearings wrong.

http://www.benidorm-apartments.co.uk/1.php?nextpage=3
Hiya Sue

Going from memory because I have now ditched the video that had these apartments on it.
I would say David is correct about the location, they are nearer Triangle Square than anywhere else, but because I think they are built facing the opposite side of the side street and because the building is bowed in architecture, only certain apartments would have a sea view.

Sanji
Here you go....photo taken during construction, which I think confirms that they are built on a side street.
Never trust a map :rofl

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=246161&highlight=acintur
I personally wouldn't turn my nose up at staying there, I'd go tomorrow if the price was right :lol: :wink:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi Sue ... we are both talking about the same place, but my description was perhaps not as clear as it should have been. I was meaning that the apartments are at the Plaza Triangular end of Avenida Mediterraneo, as opposed to the Rincon end of Avda Mediterraneo. They are not actually in Plaza Triangular, but just yards away.

In relation to Calle Esperanto which you mention, if you turn left from C/Esperanto on to Avda Mediterraneo and cross the dual carriageway, they are just a few yards away on the right hand side.

I would say that map may be slightly misleading, because it suggests that the building sits right on the Levante promenade. It in fact sits further back, with the entrance on the side street which Sanji mentions, with the main struture of the building perhaps slightly closer to Avda Mediterraneo than to the promenade. But the building is angled in such way that balconies face towards the sea, although not all with a completely unobstructed view of the sea, because of the palm trees and neighbouring buildings which I mentioned. I would say that building probably catches more attention from those walking along Avda Mediterraneo, than those walking along the Levante promenade.

When I saw them in March last year, the ground floor area was still under cover but looked as though it may be intended for separate retail, bar or restaurant units. I have no idea what the current situation may be with those. But because of the late night bars and clubs frequented by young locals in the immediate vicinity of the promenade, that entire side street including the pavement area of the Acintur, was taken up with their cars. Although they may all arrive at various times throughout the late evening, they all seem to leave at exactly the same time next morning when those places close. Between loud voices and car horns, they can be quite noisy. However, it is possible that they were making particular use of that side street and the pavements of the Acintur because it was vacant at that time.

Personally, it is a location which I would like because of its proximity to the beach and Old Town. However, I may be disappointed if I had gone there expecting the complex to be sitting directly on the Levante promenade. I would think the views from higher floors would be superb, looking across the sea and towards the elevated Placa Castelar and the chapel in the Old Town.

:kiss David, you and Sanji are a wealth of knowledge. Thank you for all that info, I will pass it on to my friends and see if they want to go ahead and book it.

Sue :)
Has anyone stayed at these apartments yet. We know where they are and they are in the prefect location for us.

They are quite expensive to rent - on top of which you have to pay 75 euros for cleaning plus 150 euro. But we are prepared to pay extra to get the a nice apartment in a great area.

Any comments appreciated.

Carmel
Has anyone been to the Acintur aparts ? They claim to be frontline but there seems to be some doubt about this. We're having a real problem trying to find a beach front place for 2 weeks March/April we usually go to Veracruz but all the apartments seem to be booked.

Thanks for any info

Katy
Hi Katy ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing Acintur Apartments topic, which may provide a little more info regarding the location.

:wave: I have found these apartments and i am considering booking them for our hoiday in june as we love staying at the old town in Benidorm.
Has anybody stayed at these hotels before?
If so what did you think of them? and would you recommend them?
Many Thanks
Rachael
xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.