Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi & :welcome
How much were you charged in fees etc?
Hi and thanks for the welcome!

Hotel upgrade fee was £600
Resort fees were $250
Mandatory parking charge was $200

Thanks.
Just dig in and prepare to argue and keep taking it higher. I had an issue with my daughter and her partner having their virgin flight from vegas cancelled for two days. They paid for one nights hotel then refused the second night. They did in fact after a long phone call with me put them up in a hotel for the second night. But they were still out of pocket and had spent 6 hours in a hotel lobby with cases not knowing wether they were out on the street.
So the up shot was me arguing with them , emailing the virgin executive office, customer relations ( a mrs harland ) and even Richard Branson . It took many emails and phone calls and 4 months of arguing but I got them all out of pocket exoensises , £100 cash each and a one way ticket to new York each. So don't give up and keep on complaining . If pays off if you have the determination not to give up.
Good luck.
  • Edited by wendywu 2018-01-16 23:58:57
Ditto Wendy. In 2001 I had a complaint against First Choice. They initially offered me £50, I eventually settled for £750.

They've made an offer which is a good starting point ie they are admitting there was a problem, it's now down to negotiating the amount.

When you reply, keep it as short as possible & just stick to the facts & figures. Don't be put off by the statement "In full & final settlement" I got that response with every offer FC made.
Also, you are within your rights to claim for loss of enjoyment due to the problems, moving etc 😉
Thanks all, I think I will go back to them and push for more as the worry did definitely ruin a large portion of the holiday for me and that was a direct fault of one of their agents.
Let us know how you get on. Good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.