Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Whilst I can understand your dissatisfaction I am a little puzzled by your posting. Are you asking for some advice or just getting it off your chest? The members of HT are always willing to assist if they can, but can only give their own opinions. May I suggest that you download the Safe & Sound booklet - Link at the top - This will be of help you if you are considering taking further action. You could also contact Ros Fernehough who has helped many members of HT

fwh
Ros Fernihough will give you free legal Travel Law advice on 01922 621114
fwh asked the question, but I'll assume, for the moment, that you intend to follow-up the matter via the legal route with Virgin.

I'd be tempted to play-down the baby food aspect and to some extent, the 2 year old's child minding - or lack of.

Focus on the area that is clearly the responsibility of the Tour Operator - namely, provision of services as stated in the brochure. Virgin should have informed you of the lack of availability of the Dolphin encounter if this is advertised as being available - however, if you did not pre-book the "encounter" with Virgin before departure you probably have little redress. You should also have been informed of the losure of the beach due to building work. The jacuzzi is probably listed as one of the hotel's facilities and is unavailability is ultimately the responsibility of the T.O. I believe you should be compensated for it's loss - but the amount is likely to be negligible.

I sympathise with you in as much as it's not easy with a two year old and a baby of just 8 months. We visited Orlando many years ago - with a 16 month old and a 3 and a half year old. It was tough, but we had my mum & dad and my aunt and uncle, plus brother and wife to help. I have to add, self-catering in your circumstances would perhaps have proven to be easier for you.

Mike
When did you go on holiday to the Beach Club?

My family and I went to St.James Club last May, also with Virgin. As you will know, the Beach Club is part of St.James Club. Virgin have the Beach Club exclusively for their customers. The facilties are all however shared.

I can recall the Dolphin swim activities being featured in their brochure when we booked about 10 months before hand. It was offered as an optional excursion that could be booked before going on holiday. Virgin wrote to us about 2/3 months before we travelled to say that the Dolphin swims were no longer available. The third party that ran that excursion had stopped operating. Nothing to do with Virgin, just one of those things. It didn't bother us as we hadn't booked them - but they told us anyway. When the next edition of their Caribbean brochure came out there was no mention of this excursion, so they seemed to have removed it from sale. I don't understand why you were not also informed?

I don't recall a jacuzzi being at either St.James or the Beach Club area. That said I don't recall one being advertised in their brochure either. I have just looked in their current brochure and no mention of that facility.

Could not fault the hotel. As a family we had a great time, both with the hotel and with Virgin Holidays. The kids loved the kids club and cried when it was time to come home.

We went to St.Lucia (St.James Club Morgan Bay) with Virgin in 2004 - had a great time so booked St James Club with Virgin for 2005. We were not disappointed.

As for this year - booked for the Almond Beach Village in Barbados. The kids choice. As soon as we returned from Antigua they picked up the Virgin brochure and chose it. Off there in May!!!
Hi traveller,

Just noticed you're going to the ABV in Barbados - please check your PM box.

Mark :D
THIS could be why the dolphin excursion was no longer available.

Pippy :D
Done - thanks MarkJ
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.