Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I am not too sure whether the rep has a duty to visit you in hospital or to check whether you were OK. Yes it would be nice if they did but I can't see a complaint getting anywhere.

You said that the hotel manager got your partner a new room. Did he do that on his own accord or did he what the rep asked him to do without your knowledge?

Mark :)
I agree with Mark. I really don't think it falls into the remit of the rep to visit and check on their customers well being. It would good from a customer service point of view if they did, but I really don't think they have an obligation to do so.
I do hope you are better now swifty1969, that must have been very scary.

As an ex-rep I can only tell you what was the procedure within the company I worked for. If the holiday was still in progress we would visit clients in hospital, if possible, and assist other family members in any way we could. However, if clients were taken ill then the insurance companies had to be informed and from then on they would be "in charge". The insurance companies would only talk to the policy holders, not to the reps.

If, as in your case, the emergency happened on departure day, the reps job is, to all intents and purposes, finished as soon as your departure time has passed. From then on, it is between the insurance company and the clients to arrange accommodaton, new flights etc etc etc. Our company policy was to continue to help after the departure date, but as Sunaddict says, the reps don't have any obligation to do this. :(
Thanks for replies guys

Hotel manager did it off his own back thankfully as rep in office too busy was in her words " waylaid with other things" when they contacted her twice.Travel insurance really good they organised return flights when i was allowed after surgery. Feeling much better now thanks mad sue had burst appendix. Angry with reps because the reps in the office that were informed of the situation didnt bother to communicate with the hotel rep, she found out 2 days later from other hotel guests she thought we had returned home. We just felt abandoned hotel rep was angry with the office for not telling her as she said that they normally visit and check on partners to check no communication problems at hospital and things getting sorted. The hospital was nice and no language problems, wont be travelling with them again

sandra
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.