General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Advice needed
15 Posts
Hi

1:If I book online does the rest of my balance have to be paid online too?

Yes you normally pay the balance online.

Do I have to print my tickets out online?,or do they get posted out (holiday is in may 2011)

A copule of different thang can happen here, you may get them sent out or you may have to collect them at the airport. For bookings made more than 4 weeks prior to departure they are normally sent out to your house.

How do I get my insurance policy?,I will be taking Travel agents one,does this have to be printed online or do they post them?

You will print that off from an email they send you. Is your insurance free or are you having to pay for it? if you are having to pay for it please check this forum before buying it http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1329 use a comparison site to find good deals, tour operator / travel agent insurance is expensive.

Graham
Thanks Graham

I thought that might be the case with the balance,and yes I am paying for insurance at £21.99 each for 7 nights,I am little cautious using a company I haven't heard of thats why we were going to use Thomson for it,I still might shop around though,thanks again.
You could try your local travel agents to see if they will match the online price and let them do the booking....Caz
cazb

I have tried and there not budging,they say the most they can reduce it by is £37 and that does not include insurance or the late check out room :que ,I have always managed to get them to match the online price in the past but not now,don't know if its because the time of day I rang and they have no discounts left for that day,just what some people have told me about that.
I'm thinking of booking a holiday online as I can save a few hundred pounds

many hundreds of people do this, all i will say is please look at/ask [in the tour operator/agent thread] first as some online companies have very bad reputations

3:How do I get my insurance policy?,I will be taking Travel agents one,does this have to be printed online or do they post them?

you could do this but for the cover offered insurance through the TA is expensive, best look at the net and see whats about but remember with insurance you only get what you pay for [i have free annual cover from my bank, but dont use it as its not worth the paper and ink to print off] :que

yasus
wizard
Hi,we always price the holiday up on-line then print off the details and take to the travel agent the same day,they have always matched the on-line price.We always use Thomson or Thomas Cook and prefer to be able to speak face to face with the agent.We have never bought the travel insurance through the travel agent as we have cover through our house insurance.
OSCARBEN

Thomson is who I got the online quote off, and within the last few minutes I rang a different thomson and they will match it so I'm hoping to get there before it closes tonight :que
Good luck,we have done it for the last seven or eight years.Make sure that you remember to print the details and take them with you,they have always asked to see them.
Don't assume because the insurance is with Thomson's that it will be a decent policy. You need to read it carefully and make sure it covers what you need it to. Pay particular attention to the cost of the excess and remember that you must advise the insurance company of any pre-existing medical conditions otherwise you may invalidate the policy.

luci :wave
OSCARBEN wrote:
Hi,we always price the holiday up on-line then print off the details and take to the travel agent the same day,they have always matched the on-line price.We always use Thomson or Thomas Cook and prefer to be able to speak face to face with the agent.We have never bought the travel insurance through the travel agent as we have cover through our house insurance.

I do exactly this, I check out the best price online with Thomson (usually), then call my nearest office, and say I want to book with them as prefer to deal in person, will they price match/better and in the last couple of holidays they have done that, and thrown in free insurance for last and next one too (which is in March). Hope you get your good deal.
Travel agents Insurance always seems more than buying directly from the Insurance company themselves.
I have just renewed ours with Multitrip.com as recommended by Martin Lewis website.
They are underwritten by AXA and were cheaper ,including pre existing conditions,than many other companies.
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2010-10-30 21:22:49
Hi
I get price of holiday online, then take it Travel Agent (usually travel with Thomson) and as long as you show them the details of the online holiday and price etc within 24 hrs they have always matched my online price.They always say they need to check with the Manager 1st, but always agree... :tup
I would recommend you look at alternative travel insurance other than the Travel Agent. If you want an insurer you recognise, you could get a quotefrom Direct Line, Churchill etc they are at least cheaper than the Travel Agent.
M
Thanks for all the advice you's have given,I will consider other insurance thats if I still get the good deal as I missed the shop tonight as hubby was late home :( ,maybe monday will be fine,if not I will hang fire until another one
Try them in the morning shazajo if you get time, quite a few of the TA open on Sundays
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.