Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
I cant say for definate Donna, but if you think Roquetas is quiet, then I am sure Los Alcazares area will be even quiter ?

There is a very little amount of information HERE

Kath HT Admin
thanks for the info. think we will maybe look elsewhere. im sure i will be posting for info soon. thanks donna
Los Alcazares is not on the normal holiday map so to speak. What made you think of this particular town?
can only find info on mojacar and roquestas which both seem to be very quiet and from review, do not appear to be what we are looking for. We have 4 kids ages ranging from 4 - 10, and although we dont do clubs, we still want a bit of entertainment.

Hello,what sort of entertainment are you looking for because although these towns have no real clubs to speak of there is entertainment,John.
Just back from Spain and we had a day visit to Los Alcazares which is just next to San Javier and the Airport.
Lovely huge long beach and alot of families with children of all ages.
Seems a nice area.
Hi I too am looking at staying in los alcazares,but can't seem to find any hotel reviews,i would be pleased if anyone has any info on hotels in that area.
I am also looking for a hotel or B&B on the Mar Menor but don't really want to go on to La Manga strip. It's only for 1 night at start of our week's holiday and maybe 1 night at end. Unfortunately flights from our local airport only go to Alicante on Fridays and Mondays and not at all to Murcia. Does anyone have any suggestions for accommodation?

Cic
Hi
I have found a nice hotel right near the beach of los alcazares,since i last posted on here,not found any reviews though.Jet2 do murcia from blackpool if thats any good to you,very good times too.I have friends who live about 20mins away from los alcazares and they said they would try and find any info on the hotel its called los narajes (i think.)i will try and find it and post details.
Hi again
I have found the name of the hotel!!!!!!COSTA NAREJOS it's 2min walk from los narejos beach.that is said to be the best beach in the area.Still not found a lot about hotel apart from some have said eveniing meals not to their liking so b&b may be the best option.
Thank you oldies. That's helpful. We fly from Exeter so a bit away from Blackpool. And we have to fly to Alicante (no Murcia flights). Never mind, we have all day to travel down to Los Alcazeres. Will try to look up hotel on internet but failing that, any info from your friends would be welcome.

Cic
We have a holiday home just outside Los Alcazares. What info were you looking for in particular? Have heard good reports of Hotel 525 which is a relatively new hotel in the centre of LA. In the summer LA can get very busy & whilst not really a night clubbing place, is very good for families with a lovely beach. Alicante airport is an hour down the motorway & a very easy drive.
Hi Helen

We spend a week at La Manga Club most years but now want to have some fairly cheap accommodation for the first and last nights (extra on top of our regular week) as flights from our local airport don't operate on Saturdays (we are fed up with driving long distances before and after our hols).

We are in two minds whether to just take pot luck when we get there as we really only need a bed to sleep in or whether to try and book before we travel. We are not going until 2nd week in September. Last year we went a week later and it was fairly quiet then. Our flight lands at 10.30 so we have the day to find something.

Cic
Hi Helen
Do you know anything about the hotel i mentioned costa nerajos.ie if you know locotion of it if it's near bars and restaurants,also if you have any reports on the accomodation itself i would be most grateful.
Hi
Hi Cicekler & Oldies

If you look on the website - marmenor net (I can't post the link as it won't let me!) you can find details of the hotels in Los Alcazares & surroundings. The Hotel Costa Narejos is near to the beach & also to the majority of the restaurants & bars on the Plaza. A really good base for everything actually. The Hotel 525 is the other end of the Plaza & again central for everything. Have heard good reports of both hotels although think that the 525 is possibly the better of the two (5*). Don't think either will be cheap though - the Hotel Christina may be cheaper as it is more basic - have been in the lobby & it looked clean though. I haven't been in Sept (have school age kids so back to the UK end of aug) - suspect it quietens down a lot.

I know what you mean Cicekler about the drive to La Manga (La Manga Club isn't too bad but La Manga strip can be a nightmare). Before we completed on our house we made the mistake of booking a weeks accomodation on La Manga strip thinking it wasn't too far away. Big mistake! We ended up almost at the end of the strip (by the little bridge thats almost vertical!) - took an hour to get to LA & that was in Feb - would have been a lot worse in the summer season.

If there's anything else I can help with let me know :D
I hope that this may be of help to you Costa Narejos Hotel
Hi Thanks allmen i could'nt find the hotel,mind you not very good on computers,so than you
Thanks for advice. I have now booked B&B a little way from Los Alcazeres which would suit us fine.

The hotels were a bit pricey just to have a bed for the night so went with a private B&B at a very reasonable 40 Euro.

Cic
Hi After some more advice.Does anyone know if there are any apartments or villas to rent very near the plaza where all the restraunts,shops and bars are and near the beach,i know i want a lot but are hoping to take my parents who can't walk very far and do'nt want to drive.The two hotels mentioned seem to be in a perfect location for them but would prefer apartment or villa.
I was going to ignore this topic, but I have got to say that Mojacar Playa is the ideal family resort. For a start, let's get one thing straight, Santa Ponsa it is not and Mojacar Playa is ideal for the over 26s and the under 16s for the following reasons:-

1. The beaches are excellent and are within 5 minutes walk of most apartments/hotels.

2. Eating out is not expensive and a good 3 course meal can be had for around €10.00. I'm talking decent food here - not the stuff that is dished up elsewhere. Furthermore, there is a choice of many restaurants including Spanish, British, Argentinian, Columbian, Irish, Chinese, Indian, etc.

3. There are several serious supermarkets - not to be underestimated, especially if you are not eating out every night.

4. Mojacar Pueblo (village) is within 3 Kms of Mojacar Playa and is a 'must' for visitors. There are magnificent panoramic views of the neighbouring villages which are not to be missed. The village is steeped in history also and its flower decorated narrow streets are pleasing to the discerning eye. you can walk to the pueblo or avail of the local bus service @ €1.00 each.

5. Vera Aquapark is a short bus-ride away where children of all ages can play for hours. Go in evening time for half price.

6. Mojacar Playa offers several free play areas for young children along the playa.

7. You can enjoy walks as easy or as difficult as you wish.

8. The climate in Costa Almeria is the driest in mainland Europe and there is very little chance of continuous rain.

9. Almeria and Murcia airports are 45 and 90 minutes drive respectively from Mojacar Playa. Both airports are served by low cost airlines.

10. Mojacar Playa is an ideal base for people wishing to tour Cabo de Gata Natural Park or anywhere nearby. Granada with its Alhambra is 2 hours by car inland.

11. There are only two night clubs, but there are several late night bars.

If you want further info please PM me, but only if you are serious. By the way I know very little of Los Alcazares other than it is handy to Murcia airport and therefore I won't knock it, but some of my friends inform me that it is also an excellent family destination. Regards!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.