UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Steve,

We're 'locals' and without a doubt the best place to eat for you is the local Beefeater called the Harecastle Farm. We eat there quite often. Its only about a 5 minute walk from the Travelodge and there's a wide range of meals -- they've always been good quality -- nice restaurant / atmosphere. The restaurant is all non smoking though, so don't know if this will suit. Can't remember if you said which day you were staying on - if it's a Friday / Saturday you'll need to book as it gets busy --------- if you want the number just ask.

Apart from that I'm not too sure where else you could try ------ Hanley is about 6 miles away and Newcastle the same! Not exactly close. There are some pubs etc about 3 miles away but to be honest as you are so close to the Harecastle then I can't see the point in recommending them! The other 'local' area is Alsager and if you're not keen on the Beefeater we can recommend 2 excellent pubs / restaurants there.... it would be closer and you wont have to pay parking charges --------

There is also a Little Chef next to the Travelodge so you can have breakfast there if you like.

Any other questions just ask - have a great time

Us Prestos
Hi,
If you like Italian food then there is a smashing one in Newcastle U-L, just down from the Vue cinema (very nice multiplex).

It is called Azzurri (112 High st.) tel : 01782 715553 - it is very popular so you would have to book. They also have a branch in Alsager but I've not been to that one (tel 01270 883555).

Newcastle has more of a small market town atmosphere with many small, lively pubs... probably the posher part of SOT (sorry no offence intened to you lovely friendly Potters !)

Hanely is where you will find a bit more nightlife ...Jumpin Jacks , pubs & clubs etc-.. there is a good curry house just down from the Regent Theatre.

Have a great time :lol:
Thanks for the info. Really appreciated. :D

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.