UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hilda will be able to help you on this one if you ask her because she lives in Stoke, I will ask her to post for you.

We have recently been to Alton Towers and stayed in the Travel Lodge in Uttoxeter which it wasn't ideal but we used to eat at a local restaurant called the Racecourse and it had a hotel attached to it - Premier Inn which I wished we had booked into because it looked really nice.

Can I just point out that if you stay in Uttoxeter there is nowhere to go with kids, we ate at the Racecourse every evening meal and it was lovely but its just about a 10 min drive to Alton Towers and you have a McDonalds across the road for your breakfast.
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Hi, we're local - the Moat House is a good hotel, but about 20 miles away from Alton Towers ----------- good choice re hotel though and there is a good cinema / Dimensions Swimming Centre and retail park nearby as well as the Royal Doulton Retail Shop as well ------------------- oh, and a ski slope if you are keen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a Best Western Hotel now, so it may be on that site - would have no worries re staying there at all -----

:wink:
Moat House website HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.