Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
We're going to Venice in Sept so I would also love to hear about good, cheap places to eat and visits and any places to avoid. Hopefully you'll be able to give me some advice when you get back, Blu.
I'll certainly give it a go. Hopefully we'll get some replies to this post though which can help us both. Hope you have a lovely time anyway

Blu
Just wandering around Venice is romantic and cheap! Try getting a number 1 vaporetto from the station area to St Mark's, with a seat outside at the front- it's magical at night and daytime. A trip across the grand canal on a little traghetto- about 20 cents! Being your honeymoon you have to splash out on a gondola ride and and evening drink listening to the music in the square- but away from St Mark's there are countless small squares and tiny streets with restaurants, and they all have tourist menus. Be aware though that they often close earlier than other cities as most of the people who work in them have to get back to the mainland. Invest in a good guidebook and explore.
In the hills behind Sorrento there are lovely walks. Ferries from Sorrento to Capri are frequent and cheap, and excellent rail links to Pompeii etc. The local taxis are very expensive.
Hope you have a wonderful wedding and honetmoon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.