Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I wouldn't have e-mailed and asked for a refund. I would have sent them a copy of their original e-mail showing 2 rooms and saying that on the confirmation you have now received, it only shows 1 and could they confirm what has been booked. It may just be an typing error. Karen
If this is not resolved to your complete satisfaction within 48 hours bounce the whole matter into the lap of Mastercard.

Explain to them what has happened and get them to freeze the amount pending their enquiries - then book elsewhere.

When Mastercard have talked with THEIR merchant (the travel company) they will sort the matter between them as clearly you have documented proof of what you requested/paid for but equally, documented proof of something different being supplied.........breach of contract.

Section 75 of the consumer credit act protects you in this regard providing you paid more than £100 (for the deposit).
Hi

Thanks for replys. Normally we would have asked if it was a mistake but we checked with the main agents for this hotel, the company we booked with were subagents (we only found this out when we received the booking confirmation) and they had the hotel listed as fully booked - with two children we didn't want to take the risk. If they had answered the telephone - maybe we wouldn't have been so hasty!

Anyway we have received an email back confirming the hotel is fully booked and saying the deposit will be refunded.

Thanks Mike (although I must say - I always hoped I wouldn't need your advice) it made me feel better to know if the worse came to the worse - the Credit Act was behind us :) .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.