General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Can't specifically speak about Turkey, as I haven't been there. As for booking - I suppose it depends on how fussy you are. If I want a specific hotel, & I come up with a price that I'm prepared to pay then I will book now for next July/August. We have to go during school holidays so of course there isn't so much late availability. If you don't really mind which accommodation you eventually book, then I suppose you can afford to wait for late deals. What I don't do is book early, and then when someone tells me its cheaper, regret it. If I'm happy to pay the price to start with then it'll do me. That's not to say that I don't check now & again to see whether the price has gone up.
The prices seem to be most reasonable between Christmas and New year and in January.
I have found a hotel that I went last May on Thomas Cooks website for May 2010 for less than I paid this year.
I am tempted to book it but cant decide if I want to go back. :que Regarding transfers you can guarantee your 45minute transfer will be that as it took us 2 hours from our hotel in Gumbet to Bodrum airport last May!We sat on the small coach at the handover car park for nearly 1 hour waiting for the large coach.
Icmeler takes up to 2 hours but if you arrive in the early hours it will be shorter as there is less traffic on the roads.
We are looking for AI in Turkey next year, Lara Beach and Belek have some good looking AI and the transfer time is less then 1 hour.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.