Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi there,

We had a superb week at the Es Port in May.

There is major construction work going on in Puerto Soller. The main part of this being a new tunnel taking the traffic away from the sea front. One end of this tunnel comes out directly behind the Es Port Hotel. In May there was a lot of tunnel blasting and the work went on from early morning until late at night (I think after we returned home it may have gone on 24 hours a day). We ourselves were not unduly affected by this work as we were upgraded to a suite which was well away from the tunnel entrance. The newer part of the building (where most of the rooms are) is very close and indeed some people were trying to change rooms because of the noise. Even in the gardens which are extensive we were not really bothered by the noise - we also were fortunate enough to be there over a holiday weekend when no work went on anyway!!

Obviously in 2 months things might have progressed so that there is not so much noise and dust. If you can request a room away from the work (may be difficult as this is a popular hotel) or perhaps pay to upgrade to a suite in or near the older part of the building this may be advisable.

There is also work going on in th Port itself - a new promenade etc. but apart from when you walk down to the front this won't affect you too much.

There are lots of reports of Soller and the Es Port Hotel on Trip Advisor - take a look.

This is a beautiful hotel with fantastic gardens, a huge swimming pool and a great setting - we would most definately return.

If you require any more - please ask.

Pippa
Thanks Pippa that's really helpful

Tr1este
Click Here For our reviews of this hotel.
For information regarding Puerto Soller and Soller have you looked on the website Sollernet. There is a forum on there in English which could be helpful. I am sure that you will enjoy the Es Port although we do not stay there, on our twice yearly visit's we stay at the Eden. The tunnel work should be coming to an end soon and what with the changes being made to the port area in to a shopping mall, I hope the character of the place is not altered too much. have a great stay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.