France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
After Christmas
4 Posts
It won't be particularly warm at this time of year, and many Christmas markets close after Dec 24 (except here in Alsace where they continue to New Year's Eve).

I suggest you consider Lille (big city) Arras, or Amiens. Or if you can face 2.5 hours, head down the A26 to Reims.

Again only in Alsace is 26 December a public holiday; from Boxing Day onwards in the rest of France it's business as usual ... BUT the sales (government controlled dates) don't start until January.
Thanks for the reply alsacienne. It wasn't to do anything particular but just to have a a couple of days away from home. We have done Arras with our boys doing the tunnels, war memorials etc. I have beenlooking at Lille so may take that a bit further. Hope you have a good christmas season. You may remember you gave me a private reply a couple of years ago when i was going through some bad family times. Your reply cheeered me up and just to say after 2 1/2 years out of work my husband has just started a job. Hence I would like a few days away as a family. regards, ESM
Concur Reims, Epernay, Laon , Rouen even St omer has some really good restuarants e.g le-ptit-montmartre, La Cygne,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.