UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Afternoon tea?
14 Posts
Haven't been to London for a while but i remember many of the hotels around Regents Park use to do them
Despite working in London for many years I haven't been up there much since I retired and certainly not on the 'tourist trail' since the days when I used to take the same grandson and his younger brother up to the Tower etc. :roll:
Aslemma, she might enjoy the London Eye, or a boat trip on the Thames, down to Greenwich with great views all the way. Does she have any special interests that he could cover - remember most of the museums are free...
Try putting afternoon tea into google, a fair choice comes up
He's definitely looking at a trip down the river to Greenwich, which I did with him and his brother when they were younger. I've suggested he googles it shrimper and I've actually done that myself. I only checked out some suggestions from The Telegraph, which weren't particularly inspiring apart from an interesting (and extremely cheap) tea at The Fan Museum, which is actually at Greenwich so could be a pleasant part of that excursion. I also reminded him about the open-top bus trips round London to which he could add a visit to Hyde Park.
The Shard its a great view if the weathers good.
Have a look at wowcher or KGB deals - they often have deals for afternoon tea.
Just googled - In fact kgb deals have an offer at a Knightbridge hotel with bubbly for £26 for 2 !
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions which I've passed on to my grandson. It does seem that KGB in particular has some excellent things on offer, though I'd never heard of the company. :thanks
My wife and sister in law went to the Goring Hotel recently for afternoon tea and both really enjoyed the experience. This is the hotel Kate Middleton left from before the royal wedding . It wasn't cheap but they both seemed to really enjoy it .
Went to kew a couple of weeks ago Aslemma and it really is a lovely day out. Think you would really need to allow a whole day for that though and maybe consider getting a boat down the Thames. Im sure you could combine it with a cream tea in one of the many hotels on the river either at kew or maybe Richmond. Greenwich is another on my list before the summer is out but the other direction I believe (my Geography is shocking ) :D
Maybe the shard or have a look at the open air theatre in Regents park
i know he's thinking of spending a day at Kew and also a trip down river to Greenwich, both things I did with him and his brother before they got too old to go on excursions with their Gran. i remember the thing they both enjoyed most was rolling down the grass slopes in Greenwich Park.

Wherever he decides to take her it will certainly be very different from the Fuji Rock Festiival which they were at last month. :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.