Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Don't worry about this. Certainly aboard the QM2 the age range would tend to be older, but many probably 40's, 50's and 60's. We have sailed on the QM2 twice, are 50ish and have 2 boys in their twenties as well as a daughter almost 18. We always enjoy the company of younger folks on our cruises, as we can relate well with them and most older folks really do enjoy young, and civilised company....which clearly you both are! There will be very few as young as you, but someone has to be youngest on the ship!!

Enjoying good food as you do, you will not be disappointed. Trust you realise that the QM2 is probably the most formal cruiseship in terms of evening dress. On formal nights most men would have a tuxedo, or at least a dark suit. Semi-formal for men includes a jacket, shirt and tie and even informal a jacket, with open-necked shirt.

There is plenty to do during day-time, evening shows are superb and there is a planetarium which will also host films. There is a fantastic library and you can have an audio tour of the ship. Mid-afternoon every day they have "white glove" afternoon tea in the Ballroom, which is very elegant and something you should try very early in the cruise....you may want to go back again every day. The ship is huge, and you will not be at a loss for things to do, even just wandering around and "people watching" is good fun!

You will certainly not be bored, go expecting to enjoy yourself thoroughly and you will.
Thanks for your reply, I have already started buying my 'cruise' wardrobe and can't wait for the evenings!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.